Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

immigration expo

immigration expo

Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

tommy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigration expo

Thinking of booking tickets to an immigration expo in march. Anyone had any experiences of these?

Are they particularly useful? and i read somewhere that some canadian companies turn up and have stands there, is this true and are they looking to recruit potential workers or just there to give advice?

Any response welcome...
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:47 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immigration expo

Originally Posted by tommy123
Thinking of booking tickets to an immigration expo in march. Anyone had any experiences of these?

Are they particularly useful? and i read somewhere that some canadian companies turn up and have stands there, is this true and are they looking to recruit potential workers or just there to give advice?

Any response welcome...
Dont bother
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:11 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think i'm going to go self employed as a fortune teller, medium type thing.

For some reason as soon as I saw the title of the thread - the words "I'm thinking of going can anyone tell me if its worth it or not" popped into my head.

And whaddya know

For the OP there is at least a thread a week around expo season asking the very same question, using the very same words.

General - no overwhelming - consensus is save your money, you get more help on here. I think people suspect that there are people in the know you can talk to about whether or not you'll get in, if there are people there that will give you a job and sort out paperwork etc.

General rule of thumb is that the expos are good for sorting out money transfer and removal companies. I'd rather sit on my backside on the pc and find that then go to some shitty arena and waste a day.

But they are good for free pens.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:14 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

herethe link to 52 threads about the same subject

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1553298
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:25 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to pay for those things these days?

I remember the open-day type ones that 4corners used to do were free, you would just need to complete an assessment form and then they would give you 1 to 1 advice, you would only need to pay if you decided to proceed with them.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

aaron80 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: immigration expo

i'm going to the one in manchester there might be some good stuff there, if not i'll grab a load of pens and sell them on ebay to get my money back.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:53 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

When/where is the one in Manchester mate and how much is it?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

http://www.expo-canada.com/

should find out all ya need to know off this mate

20th-21st march and its £15
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

i put the link in but it aint come up....its £15 on the 20-21st of march

Manchester Central
Petersfield
Manchester M2 3GX
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:04 pm
Sidecar Falcon

I think you're too new to post links at the moment mate, they have quite a few people registering here just to advertise things. Thanks for the info though, I may check that out.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:07 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I think you're too new to post links at the moment mate, they have quite a few people registering here just to advertise things. Thanks for the info though, I may check that out.
Just takes a while sometimes for a mod to approve stuff in the queue
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:10 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by iaink
Just takes a while sometimes for a mod to approve stuff in the queue
Oh sorry, my mistake there.

I would go to that thing since it's on a weekend and pretty close to where I live I think but most reports on here don't really suggest that they're worth it.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

yeah but i guess you never know untill you go ya self, hope it is worth while tho.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:52 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I would say if you were at the very beginning of your immigration dream then go, if you are halfway through, you've probably already found out more than you will learn.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

bikeguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I would say if you were at the very beginning of your immigration dream then go, if you are halfway through, you've probably already found out more than you will learn.
when i first looked into i found them useful, they basically point you in the direction your need to go in. for Canada when i went there was only 2 stands relocate to BC who will help you relocate to BC or tell you who to contact for other regions of Canada and goldman assioates who will give you some basic advice on what you need to do like, transfering qualifications, the type of visa needed how long it can take to get a visa, and for a very high fee they will arrange employment for you.

hth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.