I'm new here

Old May 19th 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all
Default Re: I'm new here

Originally Posted by nubbslad
Hi I'm new here I have been looking in for a couple of months now, my family and I (1 husband 2 great kids boy 5 girl 3) are "in process".
AOR Nov 2004 (skilled worker using a immigration lawyer in Canada Abrams and Krochak) so we are quite a lot behind some in this forum.
We would like to live in New Brunswick if anyone lives there or are on their way there too, it would be great to know.

Hi and welcome to the mad house
Old May 19th 2005, 8:54 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Eeeerm. New Brunswick is bilingual. In fact it's the only officially bilingual province in Canada. You may have difficulties if you move to some remote fishing village but otherwise I don't see there being any problem about being unilingual anglophone.

Acadian, BTW, is even harder to understand than Quebecois/Jouale. Even my missus has a hard time with it.
Old May 20th 2005, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

nubbslad will become famous soon enough

Hi All thank you for your warm welcome I think I my be heading for the nut house before all this is over, but it is nice to know we are in the same boat if at different stages. Well got to go I must check e- client must check must check LOL
Old May 20th 2005, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

The French areas of NB are in the Northern part of the province, and are mainly rural (lots of logging). Moncton, in the south, is also somewhat French, but you certainly don't need to speak it to live there. NB's two largest cities, Saint John and Fredericton, are entirely English - I think you would get some strange looks if you tried speaking French to anyone in Saint John!

My parents are both from Saint John and my relatives still live there, so I am somewhat familiar with it. It is basically a blue-collar town - shipbuilding and pulp & paper were the main industries (I think the shipyard has been shut down). The Irving company owns most of the industries (if you are looking for work you may want to check them out online). There are several residential suburbs around the city itself, all less than a half hour from the city centre. Rothesay has many beautiful old mansions and would be considered the "rich" area. Quispamsis (where my relatives live) is also nice, and not quite as expensive and upscale.

I personally prefer Fredericton to Saint John. It is a bit more scenic and "white-collar" - its main industries are the university and government, as it is the provincial capital. However, I believe Saint John is actually the largest city in the province. Best of luck to you, hope this was of some use!
Old May 20th 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AnyaT
The French areas of NB are in the Northern part of the province, and are mainly rural (lots of logging). Moncton, in the south, is also somewhat French, but you certainly don't need to speak it to live there. NB's two largest cities, Saint John and Fredericton, are entirely English - I think you would get some strange looks if you tried speaking French to anyone in Saint John!

My parents are both from Saint John and my relatives still live there, so I am somewhat familiar with it. It is basically a blue-collar town - shipbuilding and pulp & paper were the main industries (I think the shipyard has been shut down). The Irving company owns most of the industries (if you are looking for work you may want to check them out online). There are several residential suburbs around the city itself, all less than a half hour from the city centre. Rothesay has many beautiful old mansions and would be considered the "rich" area. Quispamsis (where my relatives live) is also nice, and not quite as expensive and upscale.

I personally prefer Fredericton to Saint John. It is a bit more scenic and "white-collar" - its main industries are the university and government, as it is the provincial capital. However, I believe Saint John is actually the largest city in the province. Best of luck to you, hope this was of some use!
Hi anya That is great thank you we have seen some lovely houses out there on mls that is. we will be out sometime this year (fact finding) so this is really useful.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

iphillip is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum, I'm also using Abrams & Krochak.

Old May 20th 2005, 2:18 pm
Banned

Hunkyhenry will become famous soon enough

Watch out for Indians!!
Old May 20th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I'm new here I have been looking in for a couple of months now, my family and I (1 husband 2 great kids boy 5 girl 3) are "in process".
AOR Nov 2004 (skilled worker using a immigration lawyer in Canada Abrams and Krochak) so we are quite a lot behind some in this forum.
We would like to live in New Brunswick if anyone lives there or are on their way there too, it would be great to know.
Hi
We too are heading (if application successful) to NB.
We are applying under the PNP for business class.
Unsure of which part yet, but we like the look of the Saint John area, perhaps along the Bay of Fundy a bit in St Martins which is a bit more rural.

We have boys who are 17 and 21 so although we want to live out in the sticks a bit, we need to be somewhere close to civilisation for them.

Have you visited NB yet? We havn't but hope to do so later this year to check out business opportunities and property etc.

Anyway it's good to have another NB fan on board as we seem to be a little thin on the ground.
Welcome to the forum.

Pennyhp
Old May 20th 2005, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Hi
We too are heading (if application successful) to NB.
We are applying under the PNP for business class.
Unsure of which part yet, but we like the look of the Saint John area, perhaps along the Bay of Fundy a bit in St Martins which is a bit more rural.

We have boys who are 17 and 21 so although we want to live out in the sticks a bit, we need to be somewhere close to civilisation for them.

Have you visited NB yet? We havn't but hope to do so later this year to check out business opportunities and property etc.

Anyway it's good to have another NB fan on board as we seem to be a little thin on the ground.
Welcome to the forum.
Pennyhp

Hi there no we have'nt been yet but as soon as we have sold our house we will be off to look around. Saint john is where we have been looking at too our kids are 5 and 3 so we need to be near to civilisation for schools. House prices are a real puller to the area I am glued to the mls. I am definately a NB fan and glad there are others out there.
thanks for the welcome
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:20 pm
Just beginning...

binturong is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=nubbslad] I am definately a NB fan and glad there are others out there. [QUOTE]

Another NB fan here! We're leaning vaguely in the direction of the Bay of Fundy area.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=binturong][QUOTE=nubbslad] I am definately a NB fan and glad there are others out there.

Another NB fan here! We're leaning vaguely in the direction of the Bay of Fundy area.
Glad there are more ! how far along are you in the process?
We are taking a trip out there in November really really looking forward to that
Old Jul 7th 2005, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum, N.B. is a great place - rather laid back in relation to many other parts of Canada. You'll love it.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 3:07 pm
Just beginning...

binturong is on a distinguished road

Glad there are more ! how far along are you in the process?
We are taking a trip out there in November really really looking forward to that
Not very far along at all - just in the initial research stages. Planning a trip in September to do some on-the-ground research. Then if we decide to go for it we'll start filling in forms next year, when my partner has finished his MA.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

nicolavictoria32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
It's good to here your success. As we are very early in the process. IE waiting for visa as a skilled worker and my husband to go on mine. Have you any advice? I think we are like many waiting for a house sale yawn!