Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

If you have been accepted and moved please read this!

If you have been accepted and moved please read this!

Old Jul 28th 2007, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

GRiM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If you have been accepted and moved please read this!

I am moving from the UK to Canada what moving company did you use

I am thinking of these ones, http://www.excess-baggage.com/ OR Seven Seas, OR Anglo Pacific.

Anyone used these guys before? Better yet anyone used them? I am not moving a container or anything massive just some tea chests.

GRiM
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:56 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you have been accepted and moved please read this!

Originally Posted by GRiM

I am thinking of these ones, http://www.excess-baggage.com/ OR Seven Seas, OR Anglo Pacific.

Anyone used these guys before? Better yet anyone used them? I am not moving a container or anything massive just some tea chests.

GRiM
We used Anglo Pacific and could not fault them

20ft container door to door

Have you had quotes yet !!!!!!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

the moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nicethe moog is just really nice

James Cargo - good and very reasonable - cost 450 pounds for 30 boxes of various sizes plus about another 100-200 out here getting the clearance.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

caththecanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Brytor and very reasonable too..... no damages!!!! what more could you ask?
Good luck with the move
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:20 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

White and Co = 20 ft container, Scotland to Nova Scotia. Great service. No breakages. Very helpful guys on both sides of the Atlantic

http://www.whiteandcompany.co.uk/

Last edited by Cookie; Jul 29th 2007 at 2:22 am.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Soggydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Moved from the UK to Alberta a couple of months ago, and used Anglo Pacific. I was very impressed with the whole operation from start to finish. Good communication, reasonable price, and helpful friendly movers both sides of the Atlantic.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 5:03 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Bishops Move ..... don't let them bring your piano!!! ...and the guys who unpacked at this end commented how badly every thing had been packed and they were surprised more stuff did not get broken.

Apart from the piano, which they had not crated even though it was specified in the price so was badly damaged, our display cabinet was stove in at the back panel, and we had I think one cup or plate broken .....

They were about mid-price, can't remember really now, and I don't think I would recommend them really!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We used Bishops move and had no problems, everything went smooth, nothing lost and nothing broken.
But then I suppose its all down to which team you get, all companies have good and not so good teams, ( our team liked tea and biscuits, and gave us a few tips on what extras to take.)
Bishops for us had good communications, all the way thro' and an excellent agent this end, they cleared everything thro' customs for us and no extra charge, and the price was the best.
Cheers
Jerry
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

PROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant future

We used Excess-Baggage and thy were CRAP. Don't use.:curse:
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:35 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

More on Bishops Move, on the subject of communications .... we asked if we could delay payment til the house had sold, which other companies had offered us ..... the guy giving us the quote said it'd be fine.

Then I received a bill for the move in total with a letter saying it must be paid IMMEDIATELY or they would not move us, so I contacted the office and confirmed that the invoicing was to be delayed. The invoicing dept had not been informed by the rep .... anyway, I was told not to worry, it was OK.

Then I got another demand for late payment when the house had been emptied and I was still in UK on my own. I called the office again and again I was told this was because of a breakdown in communications, and not to worry. To be safe I instructed my solicitor to send a letter confirming that he'd been instructed to settle their account on completion of our sale.

Then after we moved and the house was sold, MY SOLICITOR emailed us to say he'd been presented with a bill from them and was it OK to pay it! DUH!

Was all sorted in the end, but everything adds to the stress at an otherwise very stressful time.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Soggydog
Moved from the UK to Alberta a couple of months ago, and used Anglo Pacific. I was very impressed with the whole operation from start to finish. Good communication, reasonable price, and helpful friendly movers both sides of the Atlantic.
Ditto. Anglo Pacific moved out stuff back in 2005 and we had no problems with them at all. Did everything they said they would, were prompt picking stuff up, and even delivered to Edmonton a little ahead of schedule

Rob
Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Smudge and Pid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GRiM

GRiM
We used Robinsons from Manchester who passed us to Williams at the Canadian end, both absolutely fantastic (A little bit of communication difficulties this end but I suppose there's a price to pay for being broad Yorkshire!!!) It cost us £4500 inc Insurance for a 20ft container and that included them packing in the UK and delivering ti the 4th floor in Canada!! great service, if you get a price that seems cheap it's probably reflected in the service, don't forget it's not just stuff your moving it's your life, your memories, your everything, make the decision based on who you think will look after your stuff.
Good luck with the move

Danielle (Doncaster to St Albert !(Near Edmonton))
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:57 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent a couple of boxes over with Parcel Force. A bit pricey and took about 3 weeks. I wouldn't really recommend this route, but if you do, make ABSOLUTELY SURE that the post office you're going to has a proper floor-standing scale to handle large boxes. This goes doubly so if you don't have access to a car...
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:21 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PROLLINSON
We used Excess-Baggage and thy were CRAP. Don't use.:curse:
I was thinking of usuing them as we aren't taking a lot of stuff...could you PM me or elaborate on here please with the gory details as you have worried me
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

GRiM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alvic
I was thinking of usuing them as we aren't taking a lot of stuff...could you PM me or elaborate on here please with the gory details as you have worried me
I just signed up with them! Hahaha .... f me .... what happened with yours please tell us all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.