Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

If you could do it again?

If you could do it again?

Old May 7th 2009, 9:16 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could do it again?

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Or start a vast number of threads.
Was that partly how act1980 went wrong, apart from the crap the poster posted ?
Old May 7th 2009, 9:18 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Onefut
just keeping my questions seperate
If its a problem im sure the Mods will let me know
But a lot of your questions have been asked before, perhaps a read of the Wiki is in order, as someone (a mod) has already suggested.

Either that or there is a search function you could try that first.
Old May 7th 2009, 9:18 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

just keeping my questions seperate
If its a problem im sure the Mods will let me know
Please read the wiki in the link posted above regarding good forum netiquate and act accordingly.

It would be nice if you would search for answers to what are frequently asked questins in the wiki and old posts before starting a thread Consider yourself let known

That way when you have something more specific that needs an answer, you wont be on as many ignore lists and are more likely to get a good crosssection of answers
Old May 7th 2009, 9:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Perhaps he suffers from my problem (but to a greater degree)?

Loves the 'sound of his own voice'.
Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
But it sounds so sweet
Sorry
Originally Posted by iaink
Lets nip the comments in the bud before they get out of hand....

{coughs loudly}
Old May 7th 2009, 9:35 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

{coughs loudly}
OOPS, I thought the nip in the bud was directed at me and sleeping beauty.
Old May 7th 2009, 9:37 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

so did i.....what was bad about my post
Old May 7th 2009, 9:37 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Same rules apply. Judys advice from the wiki might not be rules, but I really wish more people would follow it!
Old May 7th 2009, 9:40 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
so did i.....what was bad about my post
Nothing, colateral damage really in the wake of BCs post. Just trying to take this thread away from everyone feeling free to have a go at the original poster as it could have been interpreted as directed at the OPs voice, not BCs.

Lets give the guy a chance and try and keep on topic for once.
Old May 7th 2009, 9:42 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

but it just hilights peoples sensitivities.

I would be pretty dam surprised if Onefut had complained to the mods about being picked on - like many other newbies have when chastised.

I think he will be just fine once he gets the hang of the pirana pit
Old May 7th 2009, 9:48 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing, colateral damage really in the wake of BCs post. Just trying to take this thread away from everyone feeling free to have a go at the original poster.

Lets give the guy a chance and try and keep on topic for once.
I see.........i have been helpful to Onefut in his post about motorcycles and will continue to do so
(i know you might think that doesn't happen often)

Last edited by dazzlerdaz; May 7th 2009 at 9:50 pm.
Old May 7th 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Onefut will become famous soon enoughOnefut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hobbess
Replying since you have a Calvin & Hobbes avatar!!

Wouldn't do much different if doing it again as the reasoning behind our decisions would still make sense. However using hindsight there are a few things that based on the situations would have been nice to have done differently (does that make sense?)

The main decision was that we kept our flat in the UK as when we intially came over we only came on BUNAC then TWP and weren't sure how long we would stay so liked holding onto the flat was our insurance policy in case we returned within the first few years.

Wouldn't change that decision, however we've had nothing but problems with letting agents and renters and now 3 years later we're selling. The hindisght choice we would have sold right away, could have made a little more, not had the hassle, not spent a lot on keeping it rentable and been able to move the money across at a better exchange rate.

Other than that wouldn't change a thing
Calvin and hobbes are cool arent they, My lad reminds me of Calvin sooo much

hindesight is a wonderful thing t
My sis moved to spain an they kept there money in the UK an now they wish they hadnt

where bouts did you move to Hobbes
Old May 7th 2009, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

I think it was a question about emmigrating, rather than posting here, but there is a wiki for all occasions thanks to Judy
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Tips_on_using_the_forum
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...keeping-Canada

TBH I dont think I would change anything... Actually, maybe i would not have got the cherokee when I first arrived, much as wheel spin in 3rd gear was fun, 18mpg wasnt and it wasnt really needed to deal with winter driving....
Thanx for the links i'll have a look, just discovered the Wiki's but havent had time to look at them yet
Ive had a few big engined motors over here and i try to look on them in smiles per gallon rather than miles per gallon

Originally Posted by Steve_P
But a lot of your questions have been asked before, perhaps a read of the Wiki is in order, as someone (a mod) has already suggested.

Either that or there is a search function you could try that first.
The Wiki's I will look at v soon thanx, an Ive seen the search function and used it its good innit

Please read the wiki in the link posted above regarding good forum netiquate and act accordingly.

It would be nice if you would search for answers to what are frequently asked questins in the wiki and old posts before starting a thread Consider yourself let known

That way when you have something more specific that needs an answer, you wont be on as many ignore lists and are more likely to get a good crosssection of answers
I consider my self told soz boss thanx for the advice

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
but it just hilights peoples sensitivities.

I would be pretty dam surprised if Onefut had complained to the mods about being picked on - like many other newbies have when chastised.

I think he will be just fine once he gets the hang of the pirana pit
Thanx Mandy
Im on forums quite a bit and a realise theres always some folk who get over sensitive about stuff an read into posts stuff that just isnt there
Ive had a few constructive criticisms since i started posting here and ive tried to follow them, changing my font color to navy being one of them, but ive had a few others that were just criticisms with nothing constructive at all these i have maybe been a bit too sarcastic about and possibly shud have just ignored

i will use the wiki more as suggested by iaink as now i know where it is and realise how usefull it is
and as you can see ive got the hang of the multi qoute allready
Old May 7th 2009, 10:29 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the links i'll have a look, just discovered the Wiki's but havent had time to look at them yet
Ive had a few big engined motors over here and i try to look on them in smiles per gallon rather than miles per gallon

The Wiki's I will look at v soon thanx, an Ive seen the search function and used it its good innit

I consider my self told soz boss thanx for the advice

Thanx Mandy
Im on forums quite a bit and a realise theres always some folk who get over sensitive about stuff an read into posts stuff that just isnt there
Ive had a few constructive criticisms since i started posting here and ive tried to follow them, changing my font color to navy being one of them, but ive had a few others that were just criticisms with nothing constructive at all these i have maybe been a bit too sarcastic about and possibly shud have just ignored

i will use the wiki more as suggested by iaink as now i know where it is and realise how usefull it is
and as you can see ive got the hang of the multi qoute allready
In the spirit of mutual respect suggested by Iain, could you explain why you choose to post in brightly coloured fonts?

<pointedly refrains from pedantic reference to grammar and such like>.
Old May 7th 2009, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

I always use the violet/pink font color its just summat I do
I changed it to purple as I realised some folk found it hard to read and sore on the eyes
and then i changed it to Navy when someone asked me to as they had a problem with purple

an navy is easy enuf to read I reckon
I just think forums can be visually quiet dull and using different font colours can brighten them up just like I use quiet a lot of smillies in my post to try and get my emphasis across as posts are to easilly misinterpreted without them (in my opinion)

As for the grammar I tend to type frenetically as I see forums more as a kind of chat than letter writing,

so as folk speak using frenetic speech I type in the same way when on forums, where as my letter writting is more formal

which is also why I dont get fussed when my threads go off on tangents and the original question sometimes gets lost, it happens in conversation all the time

if some people dont like the way I spell or the font I use, I dont mind if they just dont read my threads.
Just like im not friends with everyone I know or meet in the real world I dont expect to be in the cyber-world
I dont mean that offensively its just a fact of life my character isnt suited to everyone, no ones is
Old May 7th 2009, 10:51 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I use quiet a lot of smillies in my post to try and get my emphasis across as posts are to easilly misinterpreted without them (in my opinion)

which is also why I dont get fussed when my threads go off on tangents and the original question sometimes gets lost, it happens in conversation all the time

Just like im not friends with everyone I know or meet in the real world I dont expect to be in the cyber-world
I dont mean that offensively its just a fact of life my character isnt suited to everyone, no ones is
Well Mr Fut, I have to say that I am in total agreement with the parts of your post that I left in tact. It is a fair representation of my attitude as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.