Reload this Page >

IEN nurses can't get jobs in Vancouver

IEN nurses can't get jobs in Vancouver

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

qverq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEN nurses can't get jobs in Vancouver

Hi all,
is it true that IEN nurses can't get **********.
Anybody here in this forum from BC IEN nurse who got recently job in BC?
please reply.Is it indeed hard time in Canada and nurses can't get jobs? I'm scared just need info about. intended to come to BC to sit the registration exam.

regards
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

kazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nice
Default Re: IEN nurses can't get jobs in Vancouver

What does IEN stand for....
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazchug
What does IEN stand for....
IEN = International Educated Nurse
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

kazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nicekazchug is just really nice

Thanks for that, didn't realise I also have that title.....and yes jobs are harder to obtain now for international nurses. I got a job first then sat the exam.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:06 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

I work in Lionsgate and have friends in VGH, there are no problems with vacancies they are very much still actively hiring from the UK. I had no problems, that was in 2008 when I started and took the CRNE after I had been there a few months. I suppose it depends where you are, Alberta is feeling a slump in nurse recruitment at the moment but don't lose hope.
Good luck
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Not Vancouver, but we both (internationally educated RMN's) accepted job offers in Kamloops, BC this July. Still have to sit exams when we get there though....
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

hi,
thanks for reply. do you have idea how is the registration exam for psychiatric nurses in BC? did you meet or discuss with somebody who passed the registration exam? do you think is possible to get a job without exam( because i heard that only 3 months you get this interim permit)?
how is Kamloops? for how long are you in Kamloops? how is the weather now there? nice to hear from you maybe we will meet to sit the exam
regards
Originally Posted by Psyched
Not Vancouver, but we both (internationally educated RMN's) accepted job offers in Kamloops, BC this July. Still have to sit exams when we get there though....
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: did you find prior to come to Canada an agency

hi,
thanks for reply. did you find and agency who hired you before exam?
did you hear about this 250 hours to work before you are hired? did u get interim permit.
regards
Originally Posted by terese677
I work in Lionsgate and have friends in VGH, there are no problems with vacancies they are very much still actively hiring from the UK. I had no problems, that was in 2008 when I started and took the CRNE after I had been there a few months. I suppose it depends where you are, Alberta is feeling a slump in nurse recruitment at the moment but don't lose hope.
Good luck
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by qverq
do you have idea how is the registration exam for psychiatric nurses in BC?
Hi qverq

You can find some info on the exam for psychiatric nurses here http://www.crpnbc.ca/orientation_exam.pdf

You can secure employment prior to sitting exam though you generally need to have registered with the CRPNBC (College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British columbia) or CRNBC (general nurses) and passed their criteria following which you will be issued with a letter of "Eligibility to sit Registration Exam". Potential employers will want you to be in receipt of this usually before you will even get an interview. The CRPNBC give you a 2 year period to complete exam, or resubmission of documents will be necessary.

Here you can find info regards the Interim Registration with CRPNBC http://www.crpnbc.ca/registration.htm

We are not yet in BC though our ETA is April 2010
Old Nov 24th 2009, 3:07 am

Default Re: did you find prior to come to Canada an agency

hi,
thanks for reply. did you find and agency who hired you before exam?
did you hear about this 250 hours to work before you are hired? did u get interim permit.
regards
Hi
I was hired through Vancouver Coastal Health. The CRNBC issued temporary registration and I received full registration after my 250 hours worked plus passing the exam and a reference from my employer.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

hello,
thanks for info but I got eligibility to sit registration exam and I just need to find the agency to hire me. where did you find a job which agency? I tried 2 of them but not answers. did you find a job before you came to Canada or after you come?

kind regards

Originally Posted by Psyched
Hi qverq

You can find some info on the exam for psychiatric nurses here http://www.crpnbc.ca/orientation_exam.pdf

You can secure employment prior to sitting exam though you generally need to have registered with the CRPNBC (College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British columbia) or CRNBC (general nurses) and passed their criteria following which you will be issued with a letter of "Eligibility to sit Registration Exam". Potential employers will want you to be in receipt of this usually before you will even get an interview. The CRPNBC give you a 2 year period to complete exam, or resubmission of documents will be necessary.

Here you can find info regards the Interim Registration with CRPNBC http://www.crpnbc.ca/registration.htm

We are not yet in BC though our ETA is April 2010
Old Nov 24th 2009, 6:17 pm

hello,
thanks for info but I got eligibility to sit registration exam and I just need to find the agency to hire me. where did you find a job which agency? I tried 2 of them but not answers. did you find a job before you came to Canada or after you come?

kind regards
look under this www.nursevancouver.co.uk
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

hi,
thanks for info and I would like to ask you if you got the job in Kamloops before you came to Canada or after.Did they required work references or proof of your work history.Did you have interview in Canada.Anyway is amazing and nice to hear about your accomplishments.hope to hear from you soon.

regards

Originally Posted by terese677
look under this www.nursevancouver.co.uk
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

We e-mailed our resume's in response to a job advertisement in a nurses union publication in the UK. Interior Health were soon to interviewing in London, UK.

Following that we attended interviews and were offered posts. Employer references were required, as was proof of experience - for salary purposes.

We are still in UK, feeling impatient now, waiting on news from CIC, London re: PR application (Medical requests). Not too much longer hopefully
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:56 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

What is this innocuous term that keep getting A S T E R I X E D out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.