Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

IEC Application woes. Please advise!!

IEC Application woes. Please advise!!

Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

hgmorton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Application woes. Please advise!!

Hi all,

I sent my application for my IEC visa at the end of April, just after they opened for 2012 applicants. Roughly 2 months later (by which time I had already entered Canada as a tourist), I received my forms back at home saying that I had forgotten to sign one of the pages (what a twit).

I then promptly printed out the erroneous pages, signed them and mailed them back to my parents in the UK who sent the full and complete application back to the embassy -- this included my ORIGINAL application PDF and barcode page. It has now been returned to me again with no extra information, just the highlighted areas stating the same fault, 'please sign all the forms.'

I am confused. ALL of the pages have now been mailed out to me (I am currently in the US) so that I can go over them and resend the complete bundle directly, but to be honest I'm not sure what I can do that I haven't already?

My only thought at this stage is that I am required to send a COMPLETELY fresh copy of my application form with a new barcode page to start the application process from scratch. Do you think this is what is required? What if I were to send the original AND a new copy, would that mess things up? I'm really concerned that I'll miss out all together (what with the IEC website displaying 0 remaining places for the 2012/13 year).

This has been a rather lengthy post, but if anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go home yet!!!

Thanks
Harry
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:03 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Application woes. Please advise!!

My son's friend got his IEC application returned for exactly the same reason as you (no signature on one of the forms).

He just signed and redid the forms and the visas were returned and issued about 3 weeks after that.

With the website showing as 0 remaining places left this year, you may be struggling unfortunately.

Last edited by Animal; Jun 6th 2012 at 8:19 pm. Reason: I can't spell !
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

hgmorton is an unknown quantity at this point

So I should send an entirely fresh form you think? In that case, yes, I think I will be struggling. Ouch.

The annoying part is I've met at least a couple of people here already that have their visas, but have no intention of using them, returning to the UK next month. Painful...
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:16 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I just confirmed with my son that his friend did actually complete the application from scratch after the first was returned without the signature.

that could mean you are out of the quota for this year.

You could put your old application in also just to show you were within the original quota and then just hope & pray