Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I thought it was spring in canada?

Wikiposts

I thought it was spring in canada?

Old Apr 15th 2013, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I thought it was spring in canada?

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Why would you delay your flight???...15cm is just a mere dusting.
To a Brit 15cms is like a Tsunami of snow Did they shut down the Regina Airport or cancel flights with the 15 cms?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
It's the start of a new Ice Age. Don't expect the snow to melt for about 80,000 years.
Have been to different countries: UK, Oz, Germany, it seems one thing in common IS that weather patterns are against the norm.

As Boston Legal said, humans are going to blow themselves up (paraphrasing)
Old Apr 16th 2013, 12:28 am
Just Joined

AnDee3238 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
Why would you delay your flight???...15cm is just a mere dusting.
HaHa oh i know that now .....the plane still took off as far as im aware, i just couldnt get to the airport to get on it, i was staying with my girlfriend in Moosomin 2 1/2 hours away and the highway was closed.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:23 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to recall the highest ever one day snowfall total for Calgary was 48cm on May 4th, can't remember which year though.

This is a point I always have difficulty explaining to people, during the winter the weather is colder but much drier. What happens in April and May is that there is more moisture but it is still cold but not as cold, so you get more snow. Similar effect happens in October.

It's usually safer to drive through the mountains during the winter than it is during spring imx. Driving in the cold is much easier than driving through snow and slush.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:51 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_
I seem to recall the highest ever one day snowfall total for Calgary was 48cm on May 4th, can't remember which year though.
You were close 48.4 cms May 6th (not the 4th)1981.

There was also 3.4mm of rain that day for a precipitation total of 51.8mm.

I worked an evening shift on that day and ended up staying at the tower all night, the day shift next day arrived about 3.5 hrs late around 10:30am.

Last edited by Steve_P; Apr 16th 2013 at 8:03 am.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:54 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You were close 48.4 cms May 6th 1981.
This worries me. I have to go back to Canada in 9 days. I'm dreading it.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:56 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Eeee lad you'll survive.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:36 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Oh just man up.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:51 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Oh just man up.
You’ve got to feel for the man. For the last month or so he’s been downing bottles of decent claret and calvados while stuffing his face with Camembert and cassoulet and now he’s got to come back to Tim Horton’s and the naffing White Spot. Zut alors! I don't think 'depressing" even comes close to describing the magnitude of this tragedy.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
You’ve got to feel for the man. For the last month or so he’s been downing bottles of decent claret and calvados while stuffing his face with Camembert and cassoulet and now he’s got to come back to Tim Horton’s and the naffing White Spot. Zut alors! I don't think 'depressing" even comes close to describing the magnitude of this tragedy.
Yeah but the saving grace is he is not destined to Calgary
Wait till he finds out about the 275 million Ontario residents will have to pay for cancelling the Mississauga power plant then relocating it
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-gas-plan.html
Old Apr 16th 2013, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Weather has been very good here on the whole, a bit schizophrenic but mostly sunny. Today I could go out wearing a t-shirt, the climate around here is pretty good in my opinion.

For the last month or so he’s been downing bottles of decent claret
If you think there isn't decent wine around here you're even more short sighted than I originally thought.

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Apr 16th 2013 at 10:42 am.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:04 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Weather has been very good here on the whole, a bit schizophrenic but mostly sunny. Today I could go out wearing a t-shirt, the climate around here is pretty good in my opinion.

If you think there isn't decent wine around here you're even more short sighted than I originally thought.
Yes, Canada is awash in decent cheap claret.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:33 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, it is self inflicted though. He could have stayed in Richmond Hill for the winter but no, he swans off to Europe. Lack of moral fibre.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Hmmm, it is self inflicted though. He could have stayed in Richmond Hill for the winter but no, he swans off to Europe. Lack of moral fibre.
Rumbled. I lack totally in moral fibre. So as to avoid contemplating the return to purgatory, now a mere 8 days away, I'm about to open a bottle of 2006 Tour du Haut-Moulin Haut-Medoc cru bourgeois, which cost the same as the cheapest gut rot in the LCBO.

The horror! The horror!

Oh, I suppose I'll survive somehow, we'll be coming back here in June and staying for the summer.

<a rough life it's turned out to be, oh yes!>
Old Apr 17th 2013, 4:14 am
limey party pooper

Rumbled. I lack totally in moral fibre. So as to avoid contemplating the return to purgatory, now a mere 8 days away, I'm about to open a bottle of 2006 Tour du Haut-Moulin Haut-Medoc cru bourgeois, which cost the same as the cheapest gut rot in the LCBO.

The horror! The horror!

Oh, I suppose I'll survive somehow, we'll be coming back here in June and staying for the summer.

<a rough life it's turned out to be, oh yes!>
Hah, to make up for returning you can buy me lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.