Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I thought it was spring in canada?

Wikiposts

I thought it was spring in canada?

Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice
Default I thought it was spring in canada?

Just had an email from my friend in canada and she has said that they got a fresh blanket of snow yesterday. What's going on with the weather and when will it improve???
Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I thought it was spring in canada?

Originally Posted by Mrs. B.
What's going on with the weather and when will it improve???
It's the start of a new Ice Age. Don't expect the snow to melt for about 80,000 years.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice

Originally Posted by MarkG
It's the start of a new Ice Age. Don't expect the snow to melt for about 80,000 years.
Haha I think u are on to something there!
Old Apr 13th 2013, 11:31 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Just had an email from my friend in canada and she has said that they got a fresh blanket of snow yesterday. What's going on with the weather and when will it improve???
Snow in spring? Not unusual.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 11:49 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

We had fantastic sunny weather this week and I rushed off to the garden centre in a frenzy, only to be told that I can't put a pansy outside until after 20th May! We too have had more snow, but missed the worst of it, just a gentle pretty, non shovel worthy covering. I believe NS had more?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 12:29 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

It's not like the UK, you have to wait for at least a day for the weather to change, not just an hour or so!!!!

Friday in Toronto was wet, 0c cold, freezing ice rain, and windy and yuk, as was Saturday.

Today is sunny with clear skies, Monday is forecast to be in the 15-19c range.
Attached Thumbnails I thought it was spring in canada?-image.jpg  

Last edited by magnumpi; Apr 14th 2013 at 12:33 am.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 12:42 am
?

jwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to beholdjwtimmon is a splendid one to behold

I've been watching the weather in Regina SK for a visit next week and they are struggling to get above 0C. Even the locals are complaining about the length of winter.

John
Old Apr 14th 2013, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon that due to global warming, Alberta will be having even more snow this 'spring' and the season spring will be disappearing.

Seriously this has been a very snowy winter, it all started the second week in October 2012 and it is still going. We have had a few days of respite and then the teasing of Mother Nature with some very short spells of spring like weather.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 1:53 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Looks nice end of the week, nearly 2c
Attached Thumbnails I thought it was spring in canada?-image.jpg  
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:25 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

This is spring, nothing unusual here really. We usually get a big dump of snow in may when the schools close, and then after the may long weekend we are good to go with the spring plantings.

A customer I had gleefully said to me before she went south for the first time this winter, it will be a late spring, it wasnan early winter, which means spring will be late, she has been more accurate than that blasted groundhog
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwtimmon
I've been watching the weather in Regina SK for a visit next week and they are struggling to get above 0C. Even the locals are complaining about the length of winter.

John
We've had more than enough of this crappy winter , come the 23rd of this month and it'll be 6 months of snow , record levels , and everyone is pissed with it now , just the flooding to look forward to
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:25 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It was snowing here yesterday, sigh.. but today it's blue sky and sunshine so I am keeping everything crossed (oooh ahh missus) that we have seen the last of the cold stuff (unless it's alcohol).

Old Apr 14th 2013, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Snow in April is noting unusual in Ottawa. We had snow in April 2009 in Toronto, too. It was just exceptionally early very warm last year. In Calgary you could get snow in June, too.

For around here they're expecting warmer weather within the next couple weeks
Old Apr 14th 2013, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Spring in much of North America is the most unstable weather wise, can be warm and pleasant, to rainy and miserable to snow in area's and everything in between.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

The man on the radio said on Friday " wind, freezing rain, ice pellets, snow...pick one, we've got it all today"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.