Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I stand corrected! Good Value

I stand corrected! Good Value

Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:18 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I stand corrected! Good Value

Originally Posted by miraclepie
But I thought you guys had Costco in the UK?

Yes we do but it's more of a cash and carry for businesses, you can buy a costco card if you want, but there's only one in Edinburgh and it's a bit out the way. Not worth paying for the card to get in the store.

Emma
Old Aug 14th 2006, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

miraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nice

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
Yes we do but it's more of a cash and carry for businesses, you can buy a costco card if you want, but there's only one in Edinburgh and it's a bit out the way. Not worth paying for the card to get in the store.

Emma
But you need to buy a costco card here too.... ... and you can't buy stuff from the store without one?
Old Aug 14th 2006, 10:25 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

But you need to buy a costco card here too.... ... and you can't buy stuff from the store without one?
LOL
Just go to a UK Costco and you'll see the difference!!
We have Safeway and COOP as well but they arent the same.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:18 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
LOL
How different are they? Our Safeway's have changed company there now called Morrisons.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:42 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
costco is my second home, just latched onto this thread and now i'm worried, i've already researched the 3 in edmonton but didn't have chance to visit last trip, please don't tell me they are piddling little shops compared with the UK, i want to be able to purchase my next wife there.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:44 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
costco is my second home, just latched onto this thread and now i'm worried, i've already researched the 3 in edmonton but didn't have chance to visit last trip, please don't tell me they are piddling little shops compared with the UK, i want to be able to purchase my next wife there.
oh my dear lord above, how big is that avatar, i have no idea what i am doing, please tell me before i crash the entire site with my vain attempt at trying to be clever
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

miraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nicemiraclepie is just really nice

Originally Posted by rae

Oh no, Costcos in Edmonton are HUGE, don't worry. You most definitly will be able to puchase your next wife there and much more!

I was getting the impression that the UK shops were really tiny....they aren't?

Last edited by miraclepie; Aug 16th 2006 at 9:46 am. Reason: grammer
Old Aug 16th 2006, 10:06 am
rae
Settled.

Oh no, Costcos in Edmonton are HUGE, don't worry. You most definitly will be able to puchase your next wife there and much more!

I was getting the impression that the UK shops were really tiny....they aren't?
no not at all, very large, with loads of choice, i wasn't sure it butch was being sarcastic and panicked that they may be small over there, but then size issues have always have that effect on me.
thankfully sorted the avatar out, it was treble that size before, there i go again you see.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:01 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
How different are they? Our Safeway's have changed company there now called Morrisons.
The Costco is much less Business orientated
Safeways is more upmarket than morrisons
COOP is a lot more up market than the UK version I was used to

They are more you're tesco\sainsbury's
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rae
Nah mate I'd say if anything bigger. more choice, friendlier (to the individual\family)
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:08 am
rae
Settled.

Nah mate I'd say if anything bigger. more choice, friendlier (to the individual\family)
fantastic, plasma, washing machine, dvd and chicken bakes here i come
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:23 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
fantastic, plasma, washing machine, dvd and chicken bakes here i come
To whet your appetite while you await your first visit to a real Canadian Costco you can browse their online store.

http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Home.aspx

Note not all items on the web store are available in the actual stores and vice versa.

Enjoy
Steve
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:31 am
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Hangman
To whet your appetite while you await your first visit to a real Canadian Costco you can browse their online store.

http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Home.aspx

Note not all items on the web store are available in the actual stores and vice versa.

Enjoy
Steve
thanks a lot, i have visited it and found it useful, wasn't sure how this would figure across in AB, clearly no issues from your last post, cheers.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:38 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
thanks a lot, i have visited it and found it useful, wasn't sure how this would figure across in AB, clearly no issues from your last post, cheers.
The only thing I have ordered from them was some HP printer ink which they don't carry in-store.

It arrived within a week and there were no shipping and handling charges.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
The only thing I have ordered from them was some HP printer ink which they don't carry in-store.

It arrived within a week and there were no shipping and handling charges.
Bit off topic, but....

Aren't HP printers the best? I love 'em! Just got my newest toy yesterday - the latest HP photosmart, it's fanbloodytastic! Been printing photo's like crazy to send me mum (she doesn't have a PC, they scare her too much..lol)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.