Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I have a job offer from a firm in vancouver...!!!!

I have a job offer from a firm in vancouver...!!!!

Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Gazzahall68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have a job offer from a firm in vancouver...!!!!

Hi all well thats the first step now for my "PNP" how long will all this take the company is sponsoring me and puttin me intouch with a consultant
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I have a job offer from a firm in vancouver...!!!!

well done did u phone some one or apply on job bank via email
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazzahall68
Hi all well thats the first step now for my "PNP" how long will all this take the company is sponsoring me and puttin me intouch with a consultant
Congrats on the job offer!

But are you sure you're eligible for PNP? Sorry to bring you down but I thought scaffolders were Skill Level D on the NOC Matrix so you wouldn't qualify for BC's PNP program?

If the above is correct (hope I'm wrong but do check) then you could still go over on a TWP, so your potential employer would need to apply for the LMO (same as they'd have to do for PNP anyway), which can take between a month and six months. Then you'd get your TWP once they have got the LMO (make sure they provide proof they've advertised it nationally, lots of LMO's being refused at the mo with the current economic climate).

Hope that helps, congrats again.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Gazzahall68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Congrats on the job offer!

But are you sure you're eligible for PNP? Sorry to bring you down but I thought scaffolders were Skill Level D on the NOC Matrix so you wouldn't qualify for BC's PNP program?

If the above is correct (hope I'm wrong but do check) then you could still go over on a TWP, so your potential employer would need to apply for the LMO (same as they'd have to do for PNP anyway), which can take between a month and six months. Then you'd get your TWP once they have got the LMO (make sure they provide proof they've advertised it nationally, lots of LMO's being refused at the mo with the current economic climate).

Hope that helps, congrats again.
thanks for that well it helps they said "The way it works is that the scaffolder that we select to come here is put in contact with an emigration consultant. The scaffolder is sponsored to come and work in Canada by our company and the Canadian Government. The application involves a lot of paperwork – Police Criminal Record Checks, references and forms to be filled out. This application is called PNP (Provincial Nominee Program). The cost of the application is $550.00. Any worker that we hire is on 3 months probation. Upon successful completion of this probation period we will refund the $550.00 cost of the application aswell as the cost of the flight to Canada for the worker himself.

The successful completion of the PNP application enables the worker and his family to enter and work in Canada on a Temporary Work Permit for maybe a two year period. However on entering Canada to work on this PNP program the worker is eligible to apply for Permanent Residency and stay on a permanent basis. The worker needs to pay the emigration consultants fees for this
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

Christyloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to find myself a job! lol
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:15 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the job offer Gazza.

I have recruited workers through the BC PNP so I can tell you it works a little differently to what has been described to you.

1 It is the employer that has to apply to sponsor you - they have a lot of forms to fill in in, mainly to prove they are a genuine business, that they have a genuine difficulty in hiring people for your role, and that employing you will benefit the BC economy. This will also include a copy of your employment contract.

2 You have to fill in the application for permanent residency that you will send to CIC. Copies of these forms, and the employer's forms are submitted to BC PNP with the $550.

3 BC PNP take two or three months to process the application. If they approve you they send a letter to CIC saying so, and send you and the employer a copy.

4 You can use your letter and your employment contract to apply for a temporary work permit.

5 You MUST apply to CIC for permanent residency within 6 months of the date of your letter from BC PNP, otherwise your nomination will be withdrawn.

6 You don't need to pay an immigration consultant. Although the final decision is made by CIC, the BC PNP people have already checked your application before they issue your nomination letter. If you can pass the medical and police record check and security check you are almost there.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:23 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazzahall68
thanks for that well it helps they said "The way it works is that the scaffolder that we select to come here is put in contact with an emigration consultant. The scaffolder is sponsored to come and work in Canada by our company and the Canadian Government. The application involves a lot of paperwork – Police Criminal Record Checks, references and forms to be filled out. This application is called PNP (Provincial Nominee Program). The cost of the application is $550.00. Any worker that we hire is on 3 months probation. Upon successful completion of this probation period we will refund the $550.00 cost of the application aswell as the cost of the flight to Canada for the worker himself.

The successful completion of the PNP application enables the worker and his family to enter and work in Canada on a Temporary Work Permit for maybe a two year period. However on entering Canada to work on this PNP program the worker is eligible to apply for Permanent Residency and stay on a permanent basis. The worker needs to pay the emigration consultants fees for this
OK, not wishing to be the harbinger of doom, but this does not sound kosher to me. You need to do some serious checking with a few locals. Which firm is this, as there are so many laying off right now, I am really curious as to why this one is different? Scaffolders do not qualify for BC PNP either. Why does a consultant you conveniently pay for need to be involved... or is this the phoenix of the construction industry agency, who were advertising in Van a while back, ripped off hundreds of ineligible BC hopefuls, then quietly folded?