Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I found a family Doctor!!! (Coquitlam)

I found a family Doctor!!! (Coquitlam)

Old Apr 24th 2015, 3:46 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I found a family Doctor!!! (Coquitlam)

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
i was quite impressed with the place as a walk in, they would let you make appointments. Hopefully this means we can have some continuity of care as my husband is a haemophiliac!
The clinic we use has a similar arrangement. The GPs work a couple of days a week as regular GPs - working from their own rooms and seeing people by appointment - and a couple of days a week doing first come first serve in the walk in clinic. They post the hours that each doctor works in the walk in clinic so you don't have to make an appointment if you want to see a specific doctor. You can just turn up when they are working and tell the receptionist. You might have to wait longer than if you are OK with the next doctor available.

Mrs JonboyE was ill a few years ago. One of the doctors took her under his wing and added her to his list of patients even though he was not officially taking new patients at the time. I seem to have been added as well.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I found a family Doctor!!! (Coquitlam)

I should have said that the Family Practice Clinic is not a walk-in clinic ............. they don't take walk-ins

Although they did treat OH about 3 years ago when he turned up with a bloody face.

He'd tripped over some broken concrete on his way to meet me at the clinic to get a diagnosis that we thought would be bad (it was) ........... he'd gashed his forehead and the blood was flowing quite freely.

He asked the receptionist if he could see a doctor, and they were just leading him into an examination room as I arrived.

The same supervising doctor who sewed him up then came in with the Resident to give me the bad news ......... he turned round and went to get OH without me asking!

PS ......... all's well now.

OH doesn't have much of a scar, and I'm fine