Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I feel like Alexandra...

I feel like Alexandra...

Old Jun 26th 2004, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default I feel like Alexandra...

...but if anyone in the Calgary area needs some stuff (anything from furniture to a computer), I'm basically giving it away. PM me.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 2:02 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

You aren't leaving are you?

You are a wonderful source of info, and would be missed!
Old Jun 26th 2004, 7:02 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I feel like Alexandra...

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
...but if anyone in the Calgary area needs some stuff (anything from furniture to a computer), I'm basically giving it away. PM me.
I'm sorry to see another one leave, but I am not surprised. Where are you going back to?
Old Jun 26th 2004, 8:49 pm
#include

simonhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not list it on the calgary.forsale newsgroup - quite a big reader base there, and you'd probably get some cash for it instead of just giving it away.

I'd probably take some off your hands, but I can't see us staying in Calgary for much longer either !
Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

(desperately trying Victor Meldew impression, with no success): I don't believe it!
Old Jun 26th 2004, 11:27 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

God! This is sad news. I'm so very sorry to see that you have come to this decision. You have been a mine of information.

What was the final straw?
Old Jun 27th 2004, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Well thank you for all of the good wishes! I'm not about to drop off the face of the earth and will continue to feed my Britishexpats addiction.

There is nothing about Calgary driving me away. My wife and I have had many wonderful years here and will both be sad to leave.

We are moving because my wife, from North Carolina, would like to be closer to her family. It is something that has been building up for about two years. She began applying for jobs in the region at the beginning of this year - I didn't bother, since I really didn't have any inclination to move (well, in the dead of winter I might have had just a little bit!). Last week whilst we were entertaining my parents she was offered the job of her dreams in Norfolk and I couldn't really deny it to her.

Of course I am not unhappy about the prospect of mild winters, beautiful summers and living by the beach, but I certainly don't see this as any improvement on life in Calgary, which in my opinion is hard to beat anywhere.

So, still two thumbs up from me to all those planning on coming to Calgary.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Does this move from Calgary mean a change of name also, CalgaryAMC?

Congratulations on a new move, new challenges and a new chapter in your life.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

ThemeOne is an unknown quantity at this point

In that case I don't think you can feel quite like Alexandra who, as far as I recall, didn't have a good word to say for Calgary or Canada as a whole!

Best of luck, though, in your new location. Will you be able to do any alligator spotting in North Carolina?
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:32 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
Well thank you for all of the good wishes! I'm not about to drop off the face of the earth and will continue to feed my Britishexpats addiction.

There is nothing about Calgary driving me away. My wife and I have had many wonderful years here and will both be sad to leave.

We are moving because my wife, from North Carolina, would like to be closer to her family. It is something that has been building up for about two years. She began applying for jobs in the region at the beginning of this year - I didn't bother, since I really didn't have any inclination to move (well, in the dead of winter I might have had just a little bit!). Last week whilst we were entertaining my parents she was offered the job of her dreams in Norfolk and I couldn't really deny it to her.

Of course I am not unhappy about the prospect of mild winters, beautiful summers and living by the beach, but I certainly don't see this as any improvement on life in Calgary, which in my opinion is hard to beat anywhere.

So, still two thumbs up from me to all those planning on coming to Calgary.

Happy news! congratulations to your wife, and to you!

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Good luck.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: I feel like Alexandra...

Originally posted by dingbat
I'm sorry to see another one leave, but I am not surprised. Where are you going back to?

Why are you not surprised why calgaryAMC is leaving ?