Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I am sick and tired of waiting!

I am sick and tired of waiting!

Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I am sick and tired of waiting!

My god thats all????!!!!!

My whole PR processing from submission in May 2006 to medical request in Jan 2009 took damn nearly 4 years!! I landed in May of this year and my husband and I are moving out in late May 2010.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:10 am
Just Joined

BobBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a quick way round the PR process. Step 1. Move to a small African country. Step 2. Arrive at any Canadian port of entry with no documentation and claim not to speak English or French. Step 3. Move into a free apartment in Toronto and apply for a taxi drivers permit. Step 4. Buy the obligatory cell phone and drive hapless tourists around whilst jabbering incomprehensively into said cell phone. Step 5. Get fast tracked for Citizenship and move out of Canada.

Or just wait and suffer the slings and arrows of CIC.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AllyS
My god thats all????!!!!!

My whole PR processing from submission in May 2006 to medical request in Jan 2009 took damn nearly 4 years!! I landed in May of this year and my husband and I are moving out in late May 2010.
Totally agree! Oct 23rd 2006 we applied, case file number Feb 14th 2007, 90 day letter June 2nd - sent back to CHC London July 7th - Landed Calgary on TWP September 2009 due to the risk of losing my job offer.

The annoying thing with all this is, each time I've sent documents back to London with a juicy "cheque" it's cashed within two days of arrival! I'm convinced that they must have someone employed down there, just to open "fat envelopes" and remove the cheques.

After all. they don't need to look hard because CHC actually tell YOU where to put the cheque in your return envelope! Having completed this, the file then just gets tossed to one side - no doubt!

I sound cynical I know, but the process as made me look at it this way. After all, from Oct 23rd 2006 even if you stared at a page a day!! Surely, a decision could be made by the end of the month?

The whole system is draconian, and obviously used to dealing with ten applications a month from the 50's and 60's. They now need new infrastructure to deal with the hundreds of applications a day!

Pheeeeeeeeew! Needed that of my chest

Y