British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   I am sick and tired of waiting! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/i-am-sick-tired-waiting-636825/)

heidi40 Oct 21st 2009 10:03 am

I am sick and tired of waiting!

Hi guys as I have posted before we applied on 26th June
2008, medical done 31 July 2009. A bit of bleep with date of birth translation which was sorted in September. and still waiting for passport request. does anyone know how long more we have to wait as I see here that many people who applied after Jan 2009 already got their passport request?!
I just want to sort out my limbo land life at the moment.:frown:
many thanks

bodgerx Oct 21st 2009 11:06 am

Re: I am sick and tired of waiting!

Spare a thought for us the old system - 2 years in and still no doc requests...

R I C H Oct 21st 2009 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by heidi40 (Post 8033065)
Whine

Suck it up princess ;)

I waited 3.5yrs for my PR paperwork to be processed.

As bodgerx suggested, you're far better off under the new system. It can be frustrating, but you just need to get on with life.

heidi40 Oct 21st 2009 5:45 pm

Thanks guys. I am going to shut up and just wait!:)

Alberta_Rose Oct 21st 2009 11:16 pm

Poor you. I guess your replies have been less than sympathetic, but truthfully we've all been there (or are going through it) and yes, waiting is the hardest thing.

You do feel like you have to put at least some areas of your life on hold, and it's exasperating when your future is in the hands of a third party and all you can do is wait.

With the old system many of us have been through, one could wait 3 years or more and THEN get rejected. How sucky is that!!!! :thumbdown:

Try to live life as you may, day to day, and don't get discouraged. :)

edit: You're right though, normally I'd say you should have heard by now as your meds were at the end of July ... it's probably the "bleep" you mentioned. Are you certain it has been straightened out? Maybe it'd be worth an email to check there are no other problems?http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng
Maybe it'll be 6 weeks or so from the date of that being sorted out .... so you might hear any day now!!
further edit: It's probably the postal strike delaying things! http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

esmaree Oct 22nd 2009 9:23 am

hi heidi40
I know exactly how you feel.
Its not the waiting , but the not knowing HOW long you're still gonna wait.
It feels like your whole life is on hold.
But i try to keep myself busy ( with looking up everything i can about canada) :) i think i know canada better than my own home country at this moment:p
Hang in there, the wait makes the arriving just sooooo much more exciting:thumbsup:

heidi40 Oct 22nd 2009 3:43 pm

Thank you so much with these wonderful replies. At least someone understand me. You know We just had an offer on our house ( remember the house that was on the market for a long time?) Which is good news. But they want us about in about 4 weeks which is again no problem. The problem is selling our house now means around 5k penalty but if we knew we are not going to get the visa at least we could transfer the money to the new house and save some money.
Other problem is my job I am a radiographer and I just had to turn down my dream job to be trained as a sonographer which is very sad as I didn't want to leave the course in the middle (normally takes 2 years for training) and take someone else's position also not fair to my employer.
Lets hope that everything will work out at the end.
Many Thanks

JayMill Oct 22nd 2009 4:00 pm

Best of luck to you! I waited for a long time too. When I got tired of waiting (Like we all did at times) my wife would remind me that we are one day closer!

Yogi-Bear Oct 23rd 2009 12:02 am

Originally Posted by heidi40 (Post 8033065)
Hi guys as I have posted before we applied on 26th June
2008, medical done 31 July 2009. A bit of bleep with date of birth translation which was sorted in September. and still waiting for passport request. does anyone know how long more we have to wait as I see here that many people who applied after Jan 2009 already got their passport request?!
I just want to sort out my limbo land life at the moment.:frown:
many thanks

You're having a laugh, surely? You remind me of some friends of ours, they fast tracked, started Dec 28th 2008 and got PR on June 30th 2009 - 6 months!!! They thought they were hard done by!!!

We filed papers on Oct 23rd 2006, and are awaiting for Med requests. We got that fed up of waiting, we just came over on TWP in the end.

It's frustrating I know, but count your stars :)

Y

mezza Oct 23rd 2009 2:01 pm

Agreed after 2.5 years - just been asked for docs :-)

Quite pleased really - cos we still have 3 yrs after landing to "hope" the job mkt will pick up

TheCanes Oct 24th 2009 12:47 am

Over 3 1/2 years now, and still waiting... :thumbdown:

Good luck to all.

DibDibbler Oct 24th 2009 2:45 am

Well as long as you were asked for a medical you know your in as thats a provisional yes barring any complications. It seems it takes about 3 months to process every query or update so expect to hear something at the start of the new year.

The best advice for anyone is to get on with their lives and put Canada on the backburner, it will happen but you should treat it as if you never applied, youll get there.

ready2go Oct 24th 2009 10:44 am

Hi all

we were from the old batch (2007) and have just crossed the finishing line last week when we collected our passports from London.

start to finish it took a total of 971 days. however for those who like facts and figures it took 130 days from the day we posted our updated documents.

so I hope those of you who are waiting also cross the final hurdle soon.

the very best to you all

ready2go

heidi40 Oct 24th 2009 12:29 pm

Many Thanks guys for your replies.

J-A-UK Oct 24th 2009 12:32 pm

Well it was my understanding that if accepted your PR visa would be valid for one year following the date of your medical..... Ours was ~ Medicals in Jan, we still had not heard anything in May so we contacted them and the reply was..... "We sent a request for your passports on Feb 7th". It was the third time that our 90 days expired and stuff had gone missing.

Just a suggestion, but see if the "new" system is the same, and then get in touch with someone..... Before the end of this month!