I am a newbie

Old Dec 11th 2008, 8:08 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am a newbie

Hello everyone

I am Jacqui

I have been watching this forum for several months as my husband has been in talks with a company in Ontario.

He has is offer in writting so it looks like we are coming to Canada - subject to us selling our house ( we need the money to buy into the company in Ontario)

I have lots of questions and I am hoping I dont make you all think "Oh no another newbie with silly questions"

Heres my first - Do we need to bring copys of our medical notes from our Dr? I have been thinking about this one a lot dont know why!

Also is there a particular section of this forum for different areas in Canada for example an Ontario section?

Look forward to your replys
Old Dec 11th 2008, 1:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am a newbie

Hi and welcome.

Unfortunately, there isn't a section of the forum for Ontario but if you post any questions with relevant titles then people living there will always be happy to answer you.

Quick question for you though, why does your husband have to buy into the company he's going to work for? What visa are you going over on, I assume entrepreneurial?

Best of luck with it all.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:51 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi and welcome.

Unfortunately, there isn't a section of the forum for Ontario but if you post any questions with relevant titles then people living there will always be happy to answer you.

Quick question for you though, why does your husband have to buy into the company he's going to work for? What visa are you going over on, I assume entrepreneurial?

Best of luck with it all.
He has been offered the a Vice Presidency. But will have to buy shares in the company.

Thanks for your reply.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:56 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to say hi and wish you a very warm welcome to BE.

Its a very addictive, useful website.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 3:13 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacq53
Hello everyone

I am Jacqui

I have been watching this forum for several months as my husband has been in talks with a company in Ontario.

He has is offer in writting so it looks like we are coming to Canada - subject to us selling our house ( we need the money to buy into the company in Ontario)

I have lots of questions and I am hoping I dont make you all think "Oh no another newbie with silly questions"

Heres my first - Do we need to bring copys of our medical notes from our Dr? I have been thinking about this one a lot dont know why!

Also is there a particular section of this forum for different areas in Canada for example an Ontario section?

Look forward to your replys
Hi there and welcome to BE, you won't sound silly asking questions we have all been there and needed help, there are lots of people here to help.

With regards to your medical records, I think personally it's worth it, we did, we had to pay to get them done I think it cost us around £45 to get everything copied which I thought was really good (and a good read too) The more paperwork you bring the better you will be so pleased that you did!!
Well good luck with everything and hope you sell the house soon.
Bella
x
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:31 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacq53
I'd say it depends on your health history. I didn't bother - two visits to the GP's in 10 yrs hardly seemed worth the effort of copying a file. A more complex background is probably worth having the details on.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

We got copies of ours (free from our GP), good job we did as it turns out they had someone elses records mixed into mine so there was a ton of stuff I had no idea I'd suffered from!