Reload this Page >

i am Loving Canada today too- Organic Foods

i am Loving Canada today too- Organic Foods

Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: i am Loving Canada today too- Organic Foods

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Wow, long life! Pyrogy power I bet. It's sad though that grandparents (and all their wisdom) die while we grandkids are still so relatively young and green.

If it's no bother - the recipe would be very much appreciated. I believe the woodstove secret. For a while we lived in a house that only had a woodstove (no hydro ) - everything was made on it. The food was always deeelicious!
Funny, even when my grandparents had all the amenities in the house, she would not give up her woodstove, drove my granddad crazy.....tradition from the "old country" I guess.....

Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about the recipe...my mom is looking for it and I will send you a pm once I receive it.....but remember this receipe will be polish with a little irish charm for good luck ...(my mom/parents being from Ireland and all).....talk to you soon
Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:30 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willmore
Funny, even when my grandparents had all the amenities in the house, she would not give up her woodstove, drove my granddad crazy.....tradition from the "old country" I guess.....

Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about the recipe...my mom is looking for it and I will send you a pm once I receive it.....but remember this receipe will be polish with a little irish charm for good luck ...(my mom/parents being from Ireland and all).....talk to you soon
A grandmother of one my friends in Victoria, to this day, still uses a washboard to wash her clothes. She uses a washing machine as well but only after the clothes have been thoroughly washed 'the real way'.

I suppose when we're old we'll have those idiosyncrasies as well -- I wonder what they'll be though? I know I'm "old fashioned" in many respects already - and I'm only in my mid 30s. I don't automatically (mindlessly) accept a lot of new technology just because it exists so I figure by the time I'm a cotton-top, I'll be a walking archaeological dig.

Patiently awaiting recipe...
Old Mar 1st 2005, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
A grandmother of one my friends in Victoria, to this day, still uses a washboard to wash her clothes. She uses a washing machine as well but only after the clothes have been thoroughly washed 'the real way'.

I suppose when we're old we'll have those idiosyncrasies as well -- I wonder what they'll be though? I know I'm "old fashioned" in many respects already - and I'm only in my mid 30s. I don't automatically (mindlessly) accept a lot of new technology just because it exists so I figure by the time I'm a cotton-top, I'll be a walking archaeological dig.

Patiently awaiting recipe...

Hi there

Just received the receipe from my mom today (she told me....she does have a social life don't you know)....hehehhe- will try to pm you sometime today or tomorrow......hope it works for you....