Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

i am Loving Canada today too- Organic Foods

i am Loving Canada today too- Organic Foods

Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default i am Loving Canada today too- Organic Foods

Hello all. I have seen another thread on Why i am loving Canada today! and i wanted to say>>
I am loving Canada today too and the reason being is i went grocery shopping and was thrilled to find organic foods here at least 4 times cheaper than in Australia *VVVBS*~tomorrow i am cooking!
oh- and i love the bulk produce section. So much to choose from!!!
In Australia it is limited to a few nut and dried fruits selection which are NOT cheap.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 3:21 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Default Re: i am Loving Canada today too- Organic Foods

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
Hello all. I have seen another thread on Why i am loving Canada today! and i wanted to say>>
I am loving Canada today too and the reason being is i went grocery shopping and was thrilled to find organic foods here at least 4 times cheaper than in Australia *VVVBS*~tomorrow i am cooking!
oh- and i love the bulk produce section. So much to choose from!!!
In Australia it is limited to a few nut and dried fruits selection which are NOT cheap.
I'm glad to hear that organic produce is reasonable over there. We are healthy eaters, and I was a bit curious as to what types of food were available over there. Is that fruit, vegetables and meat?

Thanks for the post
Old Feb 20th 2005, 3:48 pm
Mad Bint

Platty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to allPlatty is a name known to all

I'm curious too
Old Feb 20th 2005, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Platty
I'm curious too
And I'm still curious why you use that incredibly annoying purple colour on your messages....please I beg you....black is very nice......
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
why eat organic when you can eat chemical joking,
todays uk supermarket recall list still growing

http://www.food.gov.uk/safereating/sudani/sudanlist

Good old sudan 1 ,
Apparently it's usually used in oil, petrol, shoe and floor polish , etc ,
but us good old brit's put it in food...... :scared:
cheers
Jerry
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willmore
And I'm still curious why you use that incredibly annoying purple colour on your messages....please I beg you....black is very nice......
because i like it *S*
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
I'm glad to hear that organic produce is reasonable over there. We are healthy eaters, and I was a bit curious as to what types of food were available over there. Is that fruit, vegetables and meat?

Thanks for the post
Hello! i will keep you and Platty posted. I am not sure about the meats as i am not a red meat eater and consume white meats including fish only occasionaly. But i will check them out for you. So far i can say that in comparison what i have seen -healthier foods here appear to be much cheaper than in Oz. This makes me very happy
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi All,

Good old sudan 1 ,
cheers
Jerry
Hi Jerry. it is interesting why companies not only continue to put chemicals into our foods ? but also into our products we use daily- body products, hair and make-ups etc.. I try my best to be as Naturaly minded as can be and am wanting to educate myself more on the matters at hand *S* never heard of Sudan1 but will go to the link and read up. Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2005, 9:27 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Hi All,

Good old sudan 1 ,
cheers
Jerry
Thanks for the link, I had heard about it on the radio, but wasn't sure where to find the list. Fortunately we don't eat any of those, though I can't say I haven't in the past. We've only gone over to healthy eating in the past year, and I know this Sudan1 was imported into the UK before 2002.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 11:27 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
because i like it *S*
ROFL........You Go Girl!!!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 8:05 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the post
It will really depends on where you are in Canada. There are areas where a lot of health/enviro conscious people live and so products and services are plentiful then there's the inverse of that in other areas. For instance, in a shop in Victoria, I've counted 9 different types of tofu for sale - not foods made from tofu - just raw tofu! That's not going to be found in a lot of other areas in Canada.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the link, I had heard about it on the radio, but wasn't sure where to find the list. Fortunately we don't eat any of those, though I can't say I haven't in the past. We've only gone over to healthy eating in the past year, and I know this Sudan1 was imported into the UK before 2002.
Hi,
The more that are aware the better ,
Can you believe the USA banned it in 1918 !!
According to an online times article, link below,

The list is supposedly getting bigger today with more product recall..
Sometimes I wonder why I am still in the UK ......
Cheers
Jerry

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...491904,00.html
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
It will really depends on where you are in Canada. There are areas where a lot of health/enviro conscious people live and so products and services are plentiful then there's the inverse of that in other areas. For instance, in a shop in Victoria, I've counted 9 different types of tofu for sale - not foods made from tofu - just raw tofu! That's not going to be found in a lot of other areas in Canada.
WOW 9 different tofus. hmmm am not sure i have counted that many before. And i imagine you are right. In Australia it was very much the same. I moved from one area to a large city and found it difficult to purchase soy products! let alone organic foods and if they were available they were expensive.
At present I am in the Okanagan Region in BC. Plenty of orchards etc around me, i am told i am in for a sensory treat when they bloom in Spring.
Tho i must also note i am surprised how many fruit and vegies are available considering it is Winter.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:36 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Anybody know what Calgary tastes are like?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

Hi,
The more that are aware the better ,
Can you believe the USA banned it in 1918 !!
According to an online times article, link below,

The list is supposedly getting bigger today with more product recall..
Sometimes I wonder why I am still in the UK ......
Cheers
Jerry

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...491904,00.html
It's illegal in the UK as well, hence the recall. the manufacturer of the product that contained the Sudan I was supposed to certify that the chemical wasn't in the food and did a bad job of it. Food recall are a common thing. The problem here though was that the core product contaminated by the Sudan I was used in so many own brand products in supermarkets so it affected a lot of items.

If you want to see info on recalls and warnings on stuff in Canada you can see it at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) website:

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/...ecaltoce.shtml

Drew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.