Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I am Having a moan

I am Having a moan

Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:44 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am Having a moan

Originally Posted by McDee
I am neither a racist nor illiterate
LOL! Well, you've done nothing to prove it here mate!

"Im not a racist, but...."

Last edited by iaink; Jan 17th 2006 at 2:47 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:44 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

Apart from that do you really think that tying up cic resources will do anything to speed up future cases. The only way to do that is to reduce the numbers by making the application critera more striingent, thus denying many in future the oportunity you have to come here. Way to go Another ignore list candidate?

Go ahead, waste your money.

Iain,

Do you think maybe MacDee is David W in disguise????
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:46 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Iain,

Do you think maybe MacDee is David W in disguise????
Dont know, dont care
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:48 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Nice attitude, you will go far .... hopefully
Australia's nice this time of year, I hear ....... /waves

Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

McDee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris
Love Canada been out 8 or 9 times in the last few years, Every place has problems some more than others .The UK is a great place but I need a better safer more laid back place to bring up my kids and its going to be Canada, as far as the CHC they certainly know me and at the end of the day I make the cut so they cant do a thing about it. They could raise the points two 90 I would still make it so I ant worried about not getting in it’s the when. I just feel they ant playing fair that’s watt is getting to me

McDee
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

What you have to consider is that all the delays that people are being notified about are caused by the settlement of a previous court case. The CIC have been told by the courts that the cases involved in the court case have to take priority over all other cases. So, the CHC does not have any control over this, they have to follow the court judgement to the letter of the law.

I'm not quite sure what you're planning to take action for? Can you take action for a timescale? If I remember rightly on the AOR it says that the timescales are only approximations of how long they expect it to take based on figures at the time of application.

What you need to also consider is that with the court case that was recently settled, all applications that were submitted at the same time as those involved in the court case were suspended pending the outcome of the case. This was all cases, not just those who had instructed lawyers. When the judgement was finally made, some of these cases had been waiting 5 years. So, if your lawyers can find any grounds, you may end up waiting much longer than if you had waited it out.

As I said, I can't really see any grounds for you taking legal action just because it is taking too long. We have all be there and done that. We were AOR June 03 and from start to finish it took19 months then.

If it does come to legal action, the only winners will be the lawyers.

Hi
This is exactly the response I expected from the great British working class LETS SIT ON OUR HANDS AND DO NOTHING... I am so sorry you feel this way but waiting in queue seems to be a very British thing to do, well sorry I am Scottish (will soon be Scottish Canadian) and I was brought up to fight for the things you believe in and I think like a lot of you that we are getting the shitty end of the stick only I ant afraid to say it. If you’re a free loading burden to society, waste of space lying cheating crook among other things you can walk in and out of this country at will , Canada is getting very much the same just take a look at the figures for illegal immigrants in the Toronto area alone. I was over in TO for a month and the Canadians are getting so infuriated by the influx of illegals from the USA Parts of ASIA and eastern Europeans who just get of the boat and disappear there is a major problem in TO with blacks and guns and the vast majority of the ones that are arrested are illegal from the USA and Jamaica. (I know this as my best man at my wedding is now a detective in the TO police force has been for 6 years now). Most Canadians I spoke to could not believe that it takes two years to get a visa if you are a British citizen .Why do you think there is a delay now? Its because someone took them to court over the new points system and won they are now reviewing cases that were closed as far back as 2002 so for all those people that are getting another chance at the Canadian dream do they think the guy that won the second chance should have shut up and sat on his hands? This attitude makes me sick I am a police officer in Glasgow and no one ever saw it happen or no one wants to rock the boat, well its about time you all woke up and smell the coffee people. Nothing gets done if no one is willing to open there mouth.
Sorry for another rant but I will go with whatever the lawyer thinks its not my intention to cause any problems or delays, But if it speeds up those people that have to wait 3 or 4 years so be it (I feel truly sorry for the folk that have not or just applied).please don’t take offence with my attitude towards this but its my feeling that we are being sold short and I cant stomach that. Yes and I do feel a lot better for my rantings

McDee
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:52 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

and at the end of the day I make the cut so they cant do a thing about it.
Ever heard of "substitute evaluation"?

Suggest you do some homework. There was a thread in "immigration" the gist is you can be a cocky as you like, but if the officer thinks you wont fit in, you get the red stamp regardless of what points you have on paper. and theres not a damned thing you can do about it.

As for a relaxed place for your kids to grow up, based on your attitude here I would say leave 'em in Scotland when/if you come to Canada. I suspect that the further from you and your moaning the more laid back their environment will be, but then maybe you arent really the person you are coming over here as.

Why arent they playing fair? Everyone is getting the same treatment, in fact if anything CHC London is faster than most. You need to get over yourself, and fast, you are not so special.

Last edited by iaink; Jan 17th 2006 at 3:07 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
This is exactly the response I expected from the great British working class LETS SIT ON OUR HANDS AND DO NOTHING... I am so sorry you feel this way but waiting in queue seems to be a very British thing to do, well sorry I am Scottish (will soon be Scottish Canadian) and I was brought up to fight for the things you believe in and I think like a lot of you that we are getting the shitty end of the stick only I ant afraid to say it. If you’re a free loading burden to society, waste of space lying cheating crook among other things you can walk in and out of this country at will , Canada is getting very much the same just take a look at the figures for illegal immigrants in the Toronto area alone. I was over in TO for a month and the Canadians are getting so infuriated by the influx of illegals from the USA Parts of ASIA and eastern Europeans who just get of the boat and disappear there is a major problem in TO with blacks and guns and the vast majority of the ones that are arrested are illegal from the USA and Jamaica. (I know this as my best man at my wedding is now a detective in the TO police force has been for 6 years now). Most Canadians I spoke to could not believe that it takes two years to get a visa if you are a British citizen .Why do you think there is a delay now? Its because someone took them to court over the new points system and won they are now reviewing cases that were closed as far back as 2002 so for all those people that are getting another chance at the Canadian dream do they think the guy that won the second chance should have shut up and sat on his hands? This attitude makes me sick I am a police officer in Glasgow and no one ever saw it happen or no one wants to rock the boat, well its about time you all woke up and smell the coffee people. Nothing gets done if no one is willing to open there mouth.
Sorry for another rant but I will go with whatever the lawyer thinks its not my intention to cause any problems or delays, But if it speeds up those people that have to wait 3 or 4 years so be it (I feel truly sorry for the folk that have not or just applied).please don’t take offence with my attitude towards this but its my feeling that we are being sold short and I cant stomach that. Yes and I do feel a lot better for my rantings

McDee
Immigration is granted as a privaledge not a right of passage for us Brits, what you think that because we came in took over natives land raped and pilaged there country then had the balls to call it our own that we should get special treatment?
If i were you id stay in Scotland when you finally stop whining about the wait and get here the multiculturism that makes this country thrive will just kill you! actually im begging you to stay its ppl like you that made me and probably others on this board come here to get away from you in the first place.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

as they have not upheld there part of the contract e.g. keeping us informed about any changes to our time lines, as we have paid them a sum of money they are duty bound to informe us of any forcible problems with out application.

Please - someone correct me if I'm wrong......but I don't think an application for immigration is a 'legally binding contract'!

I would say the very best you could expect (should it have a leg to stand on, which I doubt) would be compensation (partial re-imbursement of fees, maybe) for the lack of communication, and some very ticked off CIC officials

(oh yes - and likely even longer waits for all, caused by launching the suit in the first place - looks like a lose, lose situation to me! Good luck!)
Old Jan 17th 2006, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

McDee...I am also a Scot now living in Canada (very recently).

With regard to your "This is exactly the response I expected from the great British working class LETS SIT ON OUR HANDS AND DO NOTHING" rant...and I do sympathise, the fact of the matter is that you can't ' fart against thunder'! Having been in the same line of business as yourself, 'Farting against thunder' got me absolutely nowhere! What I am trying to say without giving offence is that you should know better!

My advice would be as others have suggested, bite the bullet, bide your time and it is very likley all will be well. After all, if they let me in ..... Try 'farting against thunder' and the chances are all you will get is a headache with the distinct possibilty it may slow down your application even more, your 'consultant' laughing all the way to the bank at your expense.

The above suggested in the best possible taste, so 'cool yer jets ma man'...Best of luck

P.S. IF I am responding to a troll...put it down to a 'senior moment'

Last edited by macadian; Jan 17th 2006 at 5:04 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by [b
McDee[/b]]
Not wanting to quote the drivel of this poor deluded sole, (wanted to say something more insulting, but don't want to offend my Scottish ancestry and besides it might stir the wrath of the mods) but it has stirred me to work out how to add someone to the ignore list, very nice.

Thanks McDee

Dozzzzy
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of

Hi Chris
Love Canada been out 8 or 9 times in the last few years, Every place has problems some more than others .The UK is a great place but I need a better safer more laid back place to bring up my kids and its going to be Canada, as far as the CHC they certainly know me and at the end of the day I make the cut so they cant do a thing about it. They could raise the points two 90 I would still make it so I ant worried about not getting in it’s the when. I just feel they ant playing fair that’s watt is getting to me

McDee
Dont count your chickens... no one is guaranteed a visa..
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

With your attitude McDee don't be surprised if CHC put your application firmly to the bottom of the pile and it stays there for a looooooong time.

We've all been patiently waiting and enduring the "big PR sleep" since our applications were posted and the CHC in London receive thousands each week since the points for SW went down. When I've made contact with them via e-mail or letter regarding our application they've always been prompt to reply.

I think you're arrogant to even think you're guaranteed a visa!

Bet you're a troll just trying to stir things up on here

Edited - Spelling mistake
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: I am Having a moan

Hi Chris

McDee
Surely you don't really think that WHAT is spelt watt. are you having a laugh?
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:58 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Surely you don't really think that WHAT is spelt watt. are you having a laugh?
I think it's a "spell-check" error.

"Watt" is a real word, as is "cant", "ant", etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.