Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I am getting Itchy Feet......

I am getting Itchy Feet......

Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:57 pm
Banned

irishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to all
Default Re: I am getting Itchy Feet......

Originally Posted by Rubie
Hi Irishsamx

I was very sad to read your post . You were going through your application as I embarked on my journey and so was pleased for you when you got your PR.

I hope you and your OH manage to work something out and settle somewhere you both want to be. Are you going to be able to look elsewhere in Canada? I thought if you were sponsored by a province that you had to stay there??

Anyway good luck with everything.

Rubie

x
Hi
Once you are a permanent resident, you can move anywhere in Canada you like
Old Aug 12th 2010, 8:10 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future
Default Re: I am getting Itchy Feet......

Originally Posted by irishsamx
Hi
Once you are a permanent resident, you can move anywhere in Canada you like
Oh That's fortunate, I thought you had to stay there for at least 3 years? Well at least you are in a position where you can search out other areas in canada and can look at other options.

A quick word on UK prices - I am finding that even on 2 incomes, the cost of living has risen quite significantly in recent times and is quite a financial challenge. My food bill per week has gone from being approx £80-90 to £100-120. (3 child family) They went up about 18 months ago due to increased fuel charges but never went down. The same with gas and electricity - went up with increased wholesale cost but never went down. Now we are hearing that they may go up again!

This is on top of a looming double dip recession with jobs not easy to come by. Sorry if I seem a little 'doom and gloom' but I think that your story may be a familiar tale over here in many UK homes at the moment. I'm have no experience of NS life as yet and so am not really in a position to comment but just wanted to say that you are not alone finding things hard going at the moment

Good luck with everything and keep us posted on your research !!