Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

HSBC passport account

HSBC passport account

Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of
Default Re: HSBC passport account

Originally Posted by livermanl
HSBC is winnipeg is a pain in the rear...don't be surprised if you only use it for international transfers!!!

up until now I would have agreed, but I think they may have turned a corner
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:45 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you live/work near kenaston or downtown it is a pain just to get to their Branches.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Unless you live/work near kenaston or downtown it is a pain just to get to their Branches.
Thats true, but I can walk to the downtown office without going outdoors (apartfrom crossing the road from city place) from my office
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:50 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
Thats true, but I can walk to the downtown office without going outdoors (apartfrom crossing the road from city place) from my office
Yeah I used to work on portage.

Once I left that job (2007) i've made 2/3 deposits since!!!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:33 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
Why go into the branches? 99% of all banking can be done online or over the phone with HSBC
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Why go into the branches? 99% of all banking can be done online or over the phone with HSBC
If you need to talk with your bank for anything from a loan, a mortgage, a deposit (tax return/cash/bonus), also nowadays when making a deposit most people can use a bank machine...but in Winnipeg there is around 5 HSBC bank machines in 2 locations...They do have an ATM agreement with BMO but whether this includes deposits i am not sure.

Again in Winnipeg they are a tiny bank and maybe over the years they will grow but right now it can be inconvenient being a customer.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brownstar
I'm self employed and I'd rather bank my deposits in person - call me old fashioned (fits in with the rest of the town, then - to paraphrase Lightning McQueen)
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:43 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

If you need to talk with your bank for anything from a loan, a mortgage, a deposit (tax return/cash/bonus), also nowadays when making a deposit most people can use a bank machine...but in Winnipeg there is around 5 HSBC bank machines in 2 locations...They do have an ATM agreement with BMO but whether this includes deposits i am not sure.

Again in Winnipeg they are a tiny bank and maybe over the years they will grow but right now it can be inconvenient being a customer.
There are only 4 or 5 HSBC's in Calgary and I too have to deposit cheques, however anything else such as transfering money, paying bills can be done online.