Reload this Page >

How's about them Blue Jays?

How's about them Blue Jays?

Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: How's about them Blue Jays?

Originally Posted by kellydrew
To try and take a positive slant on the Jays series loss.......

At least those prima donnas from New York got swept so we gain a game on them Oh crap there's that "S" word :scared:

I cant find the game anywhere?
Old Jun 12th 2006, 3:10 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

To try and take a positive slant on the Jays series loss.......

At least those prima donnas from New York got swept so we gain a game on them Oh crap there's that "S" word :scared:
Yea Drew the S word again.

I've been a bit preoccupied over the last couple of days. A distant relative here in TO has passed on , and I'm a bit involved in sorting things out. Can't complain, the guy was 96 and was compus mentis until a few days ago. Just wish I can do as well. Fat chance.

Novo.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:02 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Yea Drew the S word again.

I've been a bit preoccupied over the last couple of days. A distant relative here in TO has passed on , and I'm a bit involved in sorting things out. Can't complain, the guy was 96 and was compus mentis until a few days ago. Just wish I can do as well. Fat chance.

Novo.
Bud

Very sorry to hear about your relative. 96 is indeed a "great knock". A colleague of mine collapsed and died a couple of weeks ago at 46. Certainly makes you evaluate things

Anyhow.......The Jays

I was reading today that they are looking like recalling Towers from AAA. I don't pretend to understand the baseball transfer system, that's if they have one. Could we not go out and buy someone? Please explain
Mind you Towers in 2-1 with an ERA under 3 so he may be getting his confidence back.
This is a vital juncture in our season. Our rotation is bollocksed and yet we are only 2.5 behind Bosx. We have the O's then Florida, who it would appear are nothing special,l so if we can come out of those two series a couple above 500 we should be in good stead. Get AJ back and ...........................
you think I'm clutching at straws?

Oh well come on Casey
Old Jun 12th 2006, 2:39 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kellydrew]Bud

Anyhow.......The Jays

I was reading today that they are looking like recalling Towers from AAA. I don't pretend to understand the baseball transfer system, that's if they have one. Could we not go out and buy someone? Please explain

Hi Drew. The "transfer" system in baseball is massively complicated, you'd need a PhD to sort it out... oh, wait a minute . Leaving aside the details, there is actually no reason why the Jays can't go out to look for reinforcements and they most probably will if Josh gets beat up in his first start back. The problem is that at this stage of the season only the really bad teams will be looking to dump salary, and of course bad teams usually have bad starting pitching. This means that it has to be a value-for-value trade with a team that needs something else just as desparately as we need starting pitching and therefore we'll have to give someone up. Word is that Shay Hillenbrand might be the trade bait.

But you never know, maybe Towers won't be so Fawlty on his return.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 4:51 pm
Born again atheist

The Star is reporting that Jason Johnson of the Indians might be available on a contract only basis (i.e. not a trade). He's in the last year of his deal over there and apparently Cleveland has some hot prospect ot other in AAA. Only thing is... he's not very good
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:29 pm
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Novocastrian]
Bud

Anyhow.......The Jays

Hi Drew. The "transfer" system in baseball is massively complicated, you'd need a PhD to sort it out... oh, wait a minute . Leaving aside the details, there is actually no reason why the Jays can't go out to look for reinforcements and they most probably will if Josh gets beat up in his first start back. The problem is that at this stage of the season only the really bad teams will be looking to dump salary, and of course bad teams usually have bad starting pitching. This means that it has to be a value-for-value trade with a team that needs something else just as desparately as we need starting pitching and therefore we'll have to give someone up. Word is that Shay Hillenbrand might be the trade bait.

But you never know, maybe Towers won't be so Fawlty on his return.
Why the hell would we give up Hillenbrand. :scared:
I look on him as a team leader. He seem to come up trumps when it's backs against the wall time and has a never say die attitude. Not a good move I think. Lets hope Towers comes back firing on all cylinders.
Don't know much about the guy from The Tribe ........ Just checked his stats and this is his tenth year in the majors and he hasn't had an era under 4. Can't give up Shea for this guy
Old Jun 13th 2006, 2:28 am
Born again atheist

[QUOTE=kellydrew]

Why the hell would we give up Hillenbrand. :scared:
I look on him as a team leader. He seem to come up trumps when it's backs against the wall time and has a never say die attitude. Not a good move I think. Lets hope Towers comes back firing on all cylinders.
Don't know much about the guy from The Tribe ........ Just checked his stats and this is his tenth year in the majors and he hasn't had an era under 4. Can't give up Shea for this guy
No Drew, we wouldn't have to give up Shea for him. Like I said, that would be a contract only deal, not a trade.

Shea is good trade bait (for a proper starter) cos we could use Hinske as DH and Rios as permanent leftfielder. When Gaus was signed, Shea became "expendable"... the fact that he's having a great season so far, only inceases his trade value (if necessary).

This is a four games series against Baltimore....no panic, but it didn't go well tonight.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:20 am
Kelly

[QUOTE=Novocastrian]

No Drew, we wouldn't have to give up Shea for him. Like I said, that would be a contract only deal, not a trade.

Shea is good trade bait (for a proper starter) cos we could use Hinske as DH and Rios as permanent leftfielder. When Gaus was signed, Shea became "expendable"... the fact that he's having a great season so far, only inceases his trade value (if necessary).

This is a four games series against Baltimore....no panic, but it didn't go well tonight.
Yeh......The kid didn't last vey long did he?

Just checked the website now and Downs is pitching instead of Towers. Interesting

Missed a chance there tonight as NY & Bosox didn't play. Seems Casey had a one tough inning. Pretty much the problem with our starters all year.

Doc tonight. Has to be a win hasn't it?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:37 pm
Kelly

Thank God for THE DOC
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:22 am
Born again atheist

Thank God for THE DOC
Thank god for the bullpen!! Although it's probable that god is indifferent.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank god for the bullpen!! Although it's probable that god is indifferent.

Did the bluejays win tonite?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:46 am
Kelly

Originally Posted by willmore
Sue

Indeed they did

Great win for the Oilers
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:47 am
Kelly

Originally Posted by willmore
Not sure I'll ever get used to the North American way of spelling tonight
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:20 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I'll ever get used to the North American way of spelling tonight
Beaver!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sue

Indeed they did

Great win for the Oilers
WOO HOO for both our teams then.....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.