Howdy

Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

ExMetCop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Howdy

I just found this site so... Hi!

I Live in Burlington Ontario and am a police officer for the region.... Struggle to get on with Canadians as I seem to offend everyone I come accross... When I really am not intending to do so. Are there any Brit club type sites where people actually get together for a sneaky pint or 2 that someone can point me in the direction of?

Cheers

Jon
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Howdy

Originally Posted by ExMetCop
Struggle to get on with Canadians as I seem to offend everyone I come across...
I have a lot of days like that too ... offending half the people I meet seems to be a skill I've developed since moving here ... fortunately I've made some good friends in the other half

Been to Burlington - it's a nice place, but sorry, no idea about other expats
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:53 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I Live in Burlington Ontario and am a police officer for the region.... Struggle to get on with Canadians as I seem to offend everyone I come accross... When I really am not intending to do so. Are there any Brit club type sites where people actually get together for a sneaky pint or 2 that someone can point me in the direction of?

Cheers

Jon
Why is that do you think ? Please tell us if you have noticed any trigger points that "seem to offend everyone I come across". Is it "this is how it's done in Britain" or something similar ? Halitosis, B.O. ? The old "I'm a cop" syndrome. There must be a reason.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:59 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Why is that do you think ? Please tell us if you have noticed any trigger points that "seem to offend everyone I come across". Is it "this is how it's done in Britain" or something similar ? Halitosis, B.O. ? The old "I'm a cop" syndrome. There must be a reason.
Cops - it's cos they's always fittin people up init.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:05 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Jon
There are a few of us on here that live in the Burlington/Oakville area. We like a drink! Ignore Alan2005
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:05 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Cops - it's cos they's always fittin people up init.
Tut tut........
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Not the "this is how its done in Britain" I avoid that unless my peers ask me. They seem to get very offended by profanity.... which is a staple in my dialect I am afraid. Also the word sarcasm does not seem to be in the Canadian dictionary.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:17 pm

Not the "this is how its done in Britain" I avoid that unless my peers ask me. They seem to get very offended by profanity.... which is a staple in my dialect I am afraid. Also the word sarcasm does not seem to be in the Canadian dictionary.
How long have you been in Canada?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dollface
How long have you been in Canada?
3 years and 2 months today.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:20 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
There are a few of us on here that live in the Burlington/Oakville area. We like a drink! Ignore Alan2005
Actually, this post reminded me of a question I'd been asking myself. Have posted it up. In fact, maybe ExMetCop can answer it, it's in the Maple Leaf.

(and yes, feel free to ignore me. I am full of shit as many will attest)

Last edited by Alan2005; Sep 21st 2009 at 9:23 pm. Reason: Wanted to
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:32 pm
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

...yep, ticking all the right boxes there.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:33 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that gratuitous profanity and sarcasm would rapidly turn me off too and I think that I can cuss with the best of them. I would mention it to you the first couple of times and after that I'd stay away. Why do you need to do it ? Are profanity and sarcasm so ingrained that you can't hold a conversation or interact without it. Lots of people on here are malevolently sarcastic thinking that it's humorous. It usually isn't. What might be OK in your locker room might not be acceptable to others. Think about it.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:44 pm
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that gratuitous profanity and sarcasm would rapidly turn me off too and I think that I can cuss with the best of them. I would mention it to you the first couple of times and after that I'd stay away. Why do you need to do it ? Are profanity and sarcasm so ingrained that you can't hold a conversation or interact without it. Lots of people on here are malevolently sarcastic thinking that it's humorous. It usually isn't. What might be OK in your locker room might not be acceptable to others. Think about it.
....this is a very "Canadian" reply.
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

PrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud ofPrairieSushi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bsmith
That's for sure ... no profanity allowed in our locker room at the local Y either
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by bsmith
Oh really, you think so? You stupid twat.

Edit: to mods: that was an ironic use of sarcasm, profanity and abuse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.