Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How rubbish is this?!

How rubbish is this?!

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:29 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default How rubbish is this?!

Some of you may already know that my husband and I don't have any hope of immigration other than the TWP route and so I am browsing through the UK2NovaScotia facebook page and come across an advertisement for Admiral recruiting Brits in Nova Scotia. "Nice one!", I think, "finally the break we are looking for" I am a Civil Engineer by background but I was great in sales when I was a student, working for Lloyds TSB. I also won the Lloyds TSB recognising Excellence award for exceptional rapport building skills and got on an all expenses paid trip away. So I contact the Admiral Sales Manager and ask about the position. He tells me I am perfect for the job and urges me to apply......but the moment I ask about Temporary Work Permits and how much time I will be given to give notice to my job here if my application is successful he informs me I am no longer suitable for the position as I require Permanent Residency status before I can apply. How can I get that if I need an offer of work first?!

Anyways, thanks for letting me grumble and if any of you lovely people aready have PR status and are looking for sales work in Nova Scotia, check out the UK 2 Nova Scotia Facebook fan page!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:20 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How rubbish is this?!

we were similar position, re one or two points short to apply under standard routes, we gained PR for Nova Scotia via the PNP programme within 7 mths, using the CI Stream. A big part of this is one, where you look to locate yourselves and two, the fact that you will need to demonstrate your employability etc and that if you were here with PR that you can evidence feedback to support that you would be successful in obtaining employment.

Do some searches on here for CI stream in search function and wiki, this may just be an option for you if NS is your chosen destination, and incase you read in some other threads, you do not neccessarily have to buy a house here first or visit 6 times or know tons of people for years to apply, you may need to be flexible as to where you base yourselves but like us we were more than prepared to adapt to this to achieve what we wanted to do and actually love living where we are anyway

anyway, just wanted to give you the heads up that there are other options out there dont give up, research, research and keep researching

good luck

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Jan 23rd 2010 at 11:22 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of

I read another story on here about a couple who used the same route as Nikki and it seemed to work out well for them. It may be worth looking into for you.

Another option might be a study visa. If one of you applies to be a student, the other will get an open work permit, then you could apply for PR when you've acquired enough points. The only downside is that the fees for International students are higher.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 11:31 am
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to NS in the summer having got our PR Visas via the Community Identified route, Its a great way to gain your PR visa and like Nikki said you dont need to know loads of people buy a house or make loads of visits. its taken us a bit longer than nikki to get out to NS due to trying to selll our house and a new baby mid application. Theres loads of info on the web if you need any info just pm me.

good luck with it all
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

I'll back these replies up by saying...Yes, there are lots of Brits who have gone down the NS Community Identified route. I think some are put off by living outside a major population centre (like Toronto) but ask yourselves how much you want to be in Canada and what you are prepared to do to get there...then read, read, read the other posts and links concerning this method.

Good luck.