Reload this Page >

How much money do we need?

Wikiposts

How much money do we need?

Old Oct 18th 2021, 3:25 am
Just Joined

Lauren_mhari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much money do we need?

My partner and I attended a Canada live conference on Saturday in Glasgow. It was very informative and gave us lots of information. My partner is a desil mechanic, the guy there seemed pretty confident it wouldn't be a problem for us to immigrate. He told us that we would get a visa and it would be open for us to use in 4 years, so we wouldn't need to move straight away (not that we don't want to) we have a house to sell before we move, this is where most of our finds would be coming from. We worked it out we would need £17k to move but my question is, do we need that before the visa is complete or do we need it for when we land in Canada? Could we sell our house after we get our visa?
I really hope this makes sense 🤔
Old Oct 18th 2021, 3:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How much money do we need?

Originally Posted by Lauren_mhari
My partner and I attended a Canada live conference on Saturday in Glasgow. It was very informative and gave us lots of information. My partner is a desil mechanic, the guy there seemed pretty confident it wouldn't be a problem for us to immigrate. He told us that we would get a visa and it would be open for us to use in 4 years, so we wouldn't need to move straight away (not that we don't want to) we have a house to sell before we move, this is where most of our finds would be coming from. We worked it out we would need £17k to move but my question is, do we need that before the visa is complete or do we need it for when we land in Canada? Could we sell our house after we get our visa?
I really hope this makes sense 🤔
It would depend on your visa route and how many are in your family (just you two, or any kids as well)?

Good that Canada Live was useful, most people find it a waste of time! If you were told that you'd be eligible for visas by an immigration consultant, then do double check that yourself. There's one particular firm that don't have a great reputation that are known to frequent events like that and tell people they're eligible when that's not actually the case. I won't mention their name, but do search the forum for any company you are considering using! And remember that you can just do it yourself and save that cash, unless you have complicated circumstances.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 18th 2021 at 3:30 am.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Lauren_mhari is an unknown quantity at this point

We are hoping for PR, we have 3 kids aged 7,5&4
Old Oct 18th 2021, 3:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lauren_mhari
We are hoping for PR, we have 3 kids aged 7,5&4
OK, so for the 5 of you you'd need just under $28k in your bank account when you apply for PR (which would be where the £17k figure came from - this amount increases each year). But that won't cover the rest of it, you'll need a good chunk more for fees, medicals, flights, shipping, cars, etc, etc. Maybe have another read of your previous threads? There's a useful thread linked to in both of them to give you more figures. Total cost (everything included)

Best of luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 18th 2021 at 3:42 am.