Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How much do you spend on groceries per month?

How much do you spend on groceries per month?

Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:37 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of
Default How much do you spend on groceries per month?

Posts in a different thread on the forum had me curious -

How much do you spend on groceries each month (booze not included! ), and how many people does that cover? Is that more or less than you spent "back home"?

We spend about $600 a month at the grocery store, covering 2 adults, and 2 kids on weekends. That's about the same amount that I used in Norway, but I do get more for my money here (Ottawa).
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of
Default Re: How much do you spend on groceries per month?

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Posts in a different thread on the forum had me curious -

How much do you spend on groceries each month (booze not included! ), and how many people does that cover? Is that more or less than you spent "back home"?

We spend about $600 a month at the grocery store, covering 2 adults, and 2 kids on weekends. That's about the same amount that I used in Norway, but I do get more for my money here (Ottawa).

I spend £500 a month in the UK for the 5 of us.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

Originally Posted by debiharper
I spend £500 a month in the UK for the 5 of us.
Yeah right, Now add in the chocolate
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Marathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really nice

[QUOTE=JezHarper]Yeah right, Now add in the chocolate [/QUOT

OOOohhhhh....nice one Jez
Shame about your coming lack of nooky though....
Bo
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

JezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really niceJezHarper is just really nice

[QUOTE=Marathon Wreck]
Originally Posted by JezHarper
Yeah right, Now add in the chocolate [/QUOT

OOOohhhhh....nice one Jez
Shame about your coming lack of nooky though....
Bo
Who says the chocolate isn't something to do with nooky
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Marathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really nice

[QUOTE=JezHarper]
Originally Posted by Marathon Wreck

Who says the chocolate isn't something to do with nooky
NOW you're talking......
Bo
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=Marathon Wreck]
Originally Posted by JezHarper

NOW you're talking......
Bo

PMSL - isnt chocolate suppose to be a substitute for nooky?

Karma sent to both of you!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=willmore]
Originally Posted by Marathon Wreck

PMSL - isnt chocolate suppose to be a substitute for nooky?

Karma sent to both of you!
LOL its far less messy and at least you dont have to sleep in a wet patch with choccy and nakedness is optional

I spend around $300 a month for 2 ppl, but we eat fairly healthy and all fresh produce so it adds up. plus we have to shop in sobeys cos its the closest one and a little pricey.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:07 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wannabe

Approx $1000 per month................but we are still buying Nappies within that.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Including booze ($150) about $500 a month for two adults. We eat a mainly vegetarian diet.

That's not including eating out - just groceries.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2D2
Approx $1000 per month................but we are still buying Nappies within that.

Hi,

That's a lot of nappies!!!!! :scared:

We must spend about $300 (hubby may correct me)

Linda
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:19 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Linda P
That's a lot of nappies!!!!! :scared:
Or that's a reeeeally big baby!

Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Or that's a reeeeally big baby!

I keep being told that "everythings bigger in Canada"
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Linda P
I keep being told that "everythings bigger in Canada"

PMSL...and better!

Last edited by willmore; Feb 25th 2006 at 7:50 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 7:02 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, here's the tally from today's visit to IGA.

It's lower than usual for a weekly shop, at $258. There are three main reasons for that: we didn't buy any wine; we didn't buy any cleaning products; the Boy is away on March break, so our food requirement for the coming week is a third lower (let's make that 50%).

The largest single category was "groceries", at $94. A long list of items but none expensive. The most expensive item on the list scared me (I didn't remember seeing it in the cart). I breathed a sigh of relief when I found out that Pampers make other things, although I'm still not sure why we need that many wipes, particularly lavender-scented ones.

Meat, fish and cheese came in second, with a mere ten items notching up $76.OK, there is fillet steak, pork fillet, veal, fish, seafood, parmesan and decent cheddar in there.

The fruit & veg came as a bit of a shock. $42 and we don't have much to show for it. Mind you, when you're looking at $2.50 for a red pepper, $5 for a few cherry tomatoes and $4.50 for three leeks.......

The bakery section added another $19. That got us two small cakes, a loaf of garlic bread and some pita.

The best-value item was a 24, at a very reasonable $24.99.

Normally we would also have come away with six bottles of wine. However, we were in the Rideau Centre yesterday, so we hit the LCBO for a selection of Chileans and a nice little St. Emilion.

We'd gone to the Rideau because my missus wanted to get me a leather jacket for my birthday. We came back with a new skirt for her and some candles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.