How Much??

Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:28 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Much??

Originally Posted by linz3112
Thanks for your help....Which Shipping company did you use??
and
School Fees???!!!
Was the £7k just on visa processing and includes Medicals etc?

Thanks again - how are you finding it after 2 months?
Linz
hiya.....

we used pickfords and no, it was £7k for them and £3k for marine insurance!!!!!

school fees.....such as student activity fees (pe)....some subjects attract a fee, like cooking, metal work etc. this is for equipment etc......year book (if old enough).....go-cards for the translink ($11 each, which gives the kids discounts on the bus/ferry etc)

no, medicals was sererate....forgot them, lol.....cost $700....

if you can write your name, have no 'issue's' (stuff out of the norm for your application, born somewhere else from your passport, common-law partner etc etc.....just thinking of a few, no diffinite list!!!!!....and usually easy things to deal with yourself anyway).....then do the forms yourself; they aren't difficult, you don't need to pay extortionate rates to an immigration lawer, who only does exactly the same things that you will do; there is no magic 'thing' that they have and you still have to 'wait' through the process, they don't speed things up.......

as to lovin canada......oh yeah, babe! wild horses would not be dragging me bag to the UK, under any circumstances......life is majorly different; same language, different culture and all for the better.......love it with a capital 'L'....

good luck...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:33 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,
This does help - thanks, i thought it was going to be about that much.
How did you find the paperwork without a Consultant? I have been looking through it and it seems ok but then i think i must be looking at it wrong as i expected it to be alot worse!!!

Where about are you going in Nova Scotia? I bet you are soooo excited!!

Thanks again and Good Luck!!
x
Hi,

The paperwork was fine, very tiresome as far as getting info, copies, contacting people etc however you would still have to do this even if you used a consultant.

There is so much help here on BE, that unless you have difficult circs re criminal issues, medical issues, etc then I would say most people would be fine to DIY. Each to their own though, some prefer to have somebody check what they are doing if you like, although I wanted to put the $$$ to better use.

Just take your time with it, dont worry about putting too much into the application as far as evidence and you will be fine

We are heading to Colchester

Good luck
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
hiya.....

we used pickfords and no, it was £7k for them and £3k for marine insurance!!!!!

school fees.....such as student activity fees (pe)....some subjects attract a fee, like cooking, metal work etc. this is for equipment etc......year book (if old enough).....go-cards for the translink ($11 each, which gives the kids discounts on the bus/ferry etc)

no, medicals was sererate....forgot them, lol.....cost $700....

if you can write your name, have no 'issue's' (stuff out of the norm for your application, born somewhere else from your passport, common-law partner etc etc.....just thinking of a few, no diffinite list!!!!!....and usually easy things to deal with yourself anyway).....then do the forms yourself; they aren't difficult, you don't need to pay extortionate rates to an immigration lawer, who only does exactly the same things that you will do; there is no magic 'thing' that they have and you still have to 'wait' through the process, they don't speed things up.......

as to lovin canada......oh yeah, babe! wild horses would not be dragging me bag to the UK, under any circumstances......life is majorly different; same language, different culture and all for the better.......love it with a capital 'L'....

good luck...

Good god, you nearly made me choke on my cuppa! £7k on shipping!!!!! What did you ship over???
Might have to just sell everything here and start again there!!!
How old are your kids? Do you know if i would need a study permit for my son - he will only be 7 or 8 when we finally move?

Still getting over the shock of your shipping costs.......can't believe it - i've been quoted £1200 so far but still waiting for other companies to get back to me.

Definately need to get saving then!!!
Thanks again for your help
x
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi,

The paperwork was fine, very tiresome as far as getting info, copies, contacting people etc however you would still have to do this even if you used a consultant.

There is so much help here on BE, that unless you have difficult circs re criminal issues, medical issues, etc then I would say most people would be fine to DIY. Each to their own though, some prefer to have somebody check what they are doing if you like, although I wanted to put the $$$ to better use.

Just take your time with it, dont worry about putting too much into the application as far as evidence and you will be fine

We are heading to Colchester

Good luck
Hiya

I must admit, when i looked through the paperwork i thought that it looked pretty straightforward but i've heard such horror stories that i thought i was missing something!!!

Think we will do it ourselves, as you said i would much rather have the cash for when we get there rather than it lining someone elses pockets!!

Thanks for help - let us know how you get on when you get over.
x
Old Apr 15th 2009, 8:57 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
absolutely hahahaha
but dont tell everyone we dont want anymore folk here in paradise
OK Chumley, I wont tell a(nother) soul

btw VERY nice mugshot

Last edited by iaink; Apr 15th 2009 at 9:42 pm. Reason: unnecessary comment
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
love your doggy christmas as you know I prefer dogs to humans anyday

he/she will love it so many bugs and creatures and new naughty things to get up to but dont forget the pet insurance

plenty of new ailments aswell limes, ticks getting over friendly with porcupines frosty paws etc

sorry to but in Op but useful for anyone bringing fur children
Thanks Chumley - decided to put a photo of him on here instead of one of me, he's far better looking! Will definitely be sorting insurance, we have it here for him anyway.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

OK Chumley, I wont tell a(nother) soul

btw VERY nice mugshot

are you being cheeky about my moeey now Butch or is it part of your signature ?? perhaps something way over my head

back on topic dont forget to brings doggys health records folks the insurance will need them not much choice of insurers unlike uk where everybody does pet insurance

Last edited by iaink; Apr 15th 2009 at 9:43 pm. Reason: removed other comment
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:45 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Quit it the pair of you.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:16 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Good god, you nearly made me choke on my cuppa! £7k on shipping!!!!! What did you ship over???
Might have to just sell everything here and start again there!!!
How old are your kids? Do you know if i would need a study permit for my son - he will only be 7 or 8 when we finally move?

Still getting over the shock of your shipping costs.......can't believe it - i've been quoted £1200 so far but still waiting for other companies to get back to me.

Definately need to get saving then!!!
Thanks again for your help
x
we had quotes from lots of companies (pss, robinsons, overs, pickfords etc) and all in the same ball park....truthfully, our UK home was a large six bed, stuffed full.......if you work it out though, £7k for shipping as apposed to having to buy new when your here???? everyones story is different, so work out your needs/wants and must haves.......

my kids are 16 and 18....we got them study permits, just incase really, as we are here (for the mo) on TWP, so neither of them can work but on a study permit, they can work for the school for 20 hours, if they could get a job at the school/uni....it also means that they can study, other than school and have a right to be here in canada, for the duration of our work permits or until or PR visas turn up (soon i hope, passports sent off)........our daughter is going to uni in the fall but is actually going to high school dailey with the 16year old, just to make friends, which she is doing and lovin......

xx
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:41 pm
Keep Calm & Carry On

broonn will become famous soon enoughbroonn will become famous soon enough

While on the subject of costs...

How much does it cost for the medical while in the UK for the sponsored person on a family class?

How much does it cost for the police check?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by broonn
While on the subject of costs...

How much does it cost for the medical while in the UK for the sponsored person on a family class?

How much does it cost for the police check?
It will depend on where you go for your medical, but it's usually around £200 per person, and police checks are I believe approx £35 each. If you do a search of the forums though you'll find lots of exact figures and quotes.

Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:43 pm
Keep Calm & Carry On

broonn will become famous soon enoughbroonn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It will depend on where you go for your medical, but it's usually around £200 per person, and police checks are I believe approx £35 each. If you do a search of the forums though you'll find lots of exact figures and quotes.

Done and Done. I've just booked the medical, came to £200 all in...I go tomorrow
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have heard that you can use the equity in your house on the application as a proof of funds as long as it is released and available when you land - is this true???
So if im thinking correctly - i wouldnt nec need £15k in cash but i could have say £10k in cash and then the remaining £5k in Equity which will then be available cash when we sold up....am i right or completely wrong?????

After receiving loads of quotes i think we are going to ship most of our belongings over as it would work out cheaper than selling and re buying so a big thank you to everyone who has helped!!!

Think i have pretty have my head around things now - just got to wait a couple of years and then i can put everything into practise!!

Thanks again everyone
x
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I have heard that you can use the equity in your house on the application as a proof of funds as long as it is released and available when you land - is this true???
So if im thinking correctly - i wouldnt nec need £15k in cash but i could have say £10k in cash and then the remaining £5k in Equity which will then be available cash when we sold up....am i right or completely wrong?????
You are right, CHC London usually allow equity in a house at the initial stage. You just need to get 2 or 3 written valuations and a mortgage statement.

But when you land you'll need the full amount in cash, whatever that is for the 3 of you (think it's about $17k from memory). But remember that you'll need that in addition to the £15k or so to get there as you'll already have spent most of that on shipping, flights, set up costs etc. It's not cheap this emigration malarkey!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 16th 2009 at 5:26 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You are right, CHC London usually allow equity in a house at the initial stage. You just need to get 2 or 3 written valuations and a mortgage statement.

But when you land you'll need the full amount in cash, whatever that is for the 3 of you (think it's about $17k from memory). But remember that you'll need that in addition to the £15k or so to get there as you'll already have spent most of that on shipping, flights, set up costs etc. It's not cheap this emigration malarkey!

Your not wrong!! I knew it was going to be expensive though and i'm sure it will be worth it!!
What do you think the chances would be of my OH getting a job offer prior to applying on the SW Route? I know the job situation is not great anywhere at the mo but im hoping it will have picked up by the time we go......
At the rate we are going we are not going to be able to afford to go without him having arranged employment.
Also, what do you think would be the best option for this? Arranged employment and PNP OR TWP with the PR app going in while we are there???

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.