Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How long did it take to get approval from ITABC to sit the Challenge Red Seal Exam?

How long did it take to get approval from ITABC to sit the Challenge Red Seal Exam?

Old Apr 26th 2014, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Olib1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long did it take to get approval from ITABC to sit the Challenge Red Seal Exam?

Hi I submitted my Challenge Red Seal application to ITABC on 21/03/2014 (5 weeks ago). It says on their website that it can take up to 8 weeks.

How long did it take to get a response for your approval to sit the exam?

I need it to be approved before 2nd July which is when I want to take the exam in Burnaby BC. (14 weeks from date of application).

Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2014, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long did it take to get approval from ITABC to sit the Challenge Red Seal Exa

Originally Posted by Olib1990
Hi I submitted my Challenge Red Seal application to ITABC on 21/03/2014 (5 weeks ago). It says on their website that it can take up to 8 weeks.

How long did it take to get a response for your approval to sit the exam?

I need it to be approved before 2nd July which is when I want to take the exam in Burnaby BC. (14 weeks from date of application).

Thanks
My approval took about 6 weeks. I applied in feb this year. I haven't sat the exam as of yet. I have 12 months to do so from the date of my approval letter.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Olib1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long did it take to get approval from ITABC to sit the Challenge Red Seal Exa

Thanks did you apply from canada or the uk?
Old May 3rd 2014, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

I applied about a week after arriving in Canada. I just went to the ITA office in Richmond.

I got my conformation via e-mail.