how long

Old May 5th 2010, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

jack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nice
Default how long

how long does the application process take .we read different things ,so be gr8 to chat wiv others about this.We would also love to chat with others who have already began a new life in canada,....whats it like? ,thanks jack,mel
Old May 5th 2010, 6:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long

Originally Posted by jack n mel
how long does the application process take .we read different things ,so be gr8 to chat wiv others about this.We would also love to chat with others who have already began a new life in canada,....whats it like? ,thanks jack,mel
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The length of time the visa process will take will depend on the visa route, so if you can give people a bit more info about which visa route you are planning on doing down (there are over 50!), then they can advise you.

As for life in Canada, have a read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) which has loads of useful info including a whole section on Canadian lifestyle etc, and also do a search of the forum as you'll find lots of threads on the subject. It's very subjective though, some people love it in Canada and some hate it!

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 5th 2010 at 6:15 pm.
Old May 5th 2010, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

jack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nicejack n mel is just really nice

We are in the process of application at present,we are taking the skilled worker route with no job offer,I [Jack] am a plumber and my wife works with preschool children.jack is the main applicant,so hope our skills are needed in canada and will speed the process along quicker.Any thoughts or idea if this is the case?.
Old May 5th 2010, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the process of application at present,we are taking the skilled worker route with no job offer,I [Jack] am a plumber and my wife works with preschool children.jack is the main applicant,so hope our skills are needed in canada and will speed the process along quicker.Any thoughts or idea if this is the case?.
SW applications take 6-12 months from start to finish. When did you apply? It used to take much longer (years and years), but since they changed things in 2008, it's reduced the backlog considerably.

Being a plumber won't speed things up (all occupations take the same amount of time), but they're on the list of 38 occupations in demand that qualify for SW visas without a job offer so hopefully they're still in demand over there.

Not sure about preschool teachers, but again if you do a search of the forum I'm sure you'll find a thread with useful info on.

Old May 5th 2010, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

only just applied!,lol,but am already anxious lol,
Old May 5th 2010, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

only just applied!,lol,but am already anxious lol,
Well good luck with it! Hopefully by this time next year you'll have your Canadian PR.

Any questions about the application or process, just shout and there will always be somebody happy to help. And again (I know, I sound like a stuck record!), if you do a search of the forum you'll usually find that somebody has asked the same question before so can find the answer. The immigration forum is the one to ask visa related questions in, and the main Canada forum for any general lifestyle type stuff.

Old May 5th 2010, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Well good luck with it! Hopefully by this time next year you'll have your Canadian PR.

Any questions about the application or process, just shout and there will always be somebody happy to help. And again (I know, I sound like a stuck record!), if you do a search of the forum you'll usually find that somebody has asked the same question before so can find the answer. The immigration forum is the one to ask visa related questions in, and the main Canada forum for any general lifestyle type stuff.

thanks for your help,hope we can chat more,would love to hear what you think of living in canada