Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How far to Banff or Canmore from Calgary?

How far to Banff or Canmore from Calgary?

Old Oct 26th 2003, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

dazed&confused is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How far to Banff or Canmore from Calgary?

Hi folks,
Sorry about this but here's another one:
next year, (June probably). We plan on going on a fact finding mission with the kids, and fancy staying either in Banff or Canmore what I would like to know is what sort of driving distance is back and forth to Calgary and also what will it be like in that area in June i.e things to do etc, we do plan on having a drive up to Edmonton as well.

Remember don't wait for you ship to come in! swim out to meet the bloody thing!
Old Oct 26th 2003, 6:20 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Great site for driving distances and maps can be found at:
www.mapquest.com
Old Oct 27th 2003, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How far to Banff or Canmore from Calgary?

Just did that trip last week and it only took a couple of hours. A word of warning too, don;t stay at the Mount Royal Hotel. They're undergoing HUGE renos and one whole floor is closed. Also its righ on the high street and when their pub turns out at 3am it gets very noisy with wolf howling and car tooting. Check with them if you want to book there.
Amnasing trip though. Went to Lake Louise and it was snowing with our first Canadian snow...what a blast!

Originally posted by dazed&confused
Hi folks,
Sorry about this but here's another one:
next year, (June probably). We plan on going on a fact finding mission with the kids, and fancy staying either in Banff or Canmore what I would like to know is what sort of driving distance is back and forth to Calgary and also what will it be like in that area in June i.e things to do etc, we do plan on having a drive up to Edmonton as well.

Remember don't wait for you ship to come in! swim out to meet the bloody thing!