Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How does this country survive?

How does this country survive?

Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

angelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really nice
Default Re: How does this country survive?

Originally Posted by printer
I loved good old Jasper. The Mole sketch springs to mind.
Me too. True eccentric stupid Brit humour
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelic_fruitcake
Those were the days eh?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

angelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really niceangelic_fruitcake is just really nice

Those were the days eh?
Little Britain is quite amusing too. Although over hyped now.

One of the best Brit-coms was 'The Royle family' They did a one off special a few weeks ago and it was the funniest/saddest thing I've seen in a very long time.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Little Britain is quite amusing too. Although over hyped now.

One of the best Brit-coms was 'The Royle family' They did a one off special a few weeks ago and it was the funniest/saddest thing I've seen in a very long time.
Yes i saw it and i agree it was very well written and the actors were spot on.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:58 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved good old Jasper. The Mole sketch springs to mind.
I once went to a TV recording of one of his shows. Dismal.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:57 pm
Lone Brit

Suzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to all

Brings to mind the old joke

"Look at that dog licking himself, i wish i could do that"

"Throw him a biscuit and he might let you"
That joke is the dog's b**locks
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:01 pm
Lone Brit

Suzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to allSuzie is a name known to all

That's definitely something I miss. Canadian comedy is pitiful (who told Rick Mercer he was funny??? Come on out now, face your punishment like a man).

If I'm allowed one more gripe - there's also no news. Peter McKay calls his ex a dog and it's front page headlines? Come on Canada, do something exciting!!!

Don't get me wrong though, I love this place As they say, no news is good news...
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suzie
there's also no news.
That's the whole point of Canada. Nothing ever happens. It's either good (wonderfully stable) or bad (very dull) depending on your point of view but it is the major feature of the country.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:08 pm

That's definitely something I miss. Canadian comedy is pitiful (who told Rick Mercer he was funny??? Come on out now, face your punishment like a man).

If I'm allowed one more gripe - there's also no news. Peter McKay calls his ex a dog and it's front page headlines? Come on Canada, do something exciting!!!

Don't get me wrong though, I love this place As they say, no news is good news...
Eh? Mercer is extremely funny.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:13 pm
Lone Brit

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I guess humour is subjective...he has his moments. I liked 'Made in Canada'. But the Rick Mercer Report barely raises a giggle.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I thought you had "Corner Gas" as per another recent thread.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:20 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
While we were gone we left the dog at a camp for dogs. When we picked him up they said he was a lovely dog with just one problem; "Excessive humping". "He finds another dog that will tolerate it and he just humps all day".

I was disconcerted to hear this described as a problem as it's pretty much how I've lived my life. That's what males do; it says so right here on my coffee cup.
Will you please knock it off, my sides are killing me from so much laughter. My makeup is now puddled around my chin.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I'm with Souv on this one. Mercer is one of the few funny things on cbc. He almost (but not quite) makes up for the awfulness of 'Air Farce'.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:24 pm

I guess humour is subjective...he has his moments. I liked 'Made in Canada'. But the Rick Mercer Report barely raises a giggle.
I guess it's highly subjective. I though Made in Canada was crap. I find the Report to be very amusing. Maybe that's because I like to see politicians being lampooned, and joining in.

Mercer is a Newf and I believe that Newf humour and Brit humour are similar (sarcasm, irony etc).
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

BTW on a separate note is this Jonny Botswana guy for real?

His posts make me laugh but i'm not sure they are meant to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.