Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

How does the bus system work in Calgary?

How does the bus system work in Calgary?

Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future
Default How does the bus system work in Calgary?

Hi BE I really am confused with the bus systems here. I have managed to work out that you call the number on the bus stop and it gives you bus times. But the other day I wanted to go to Royal Oak NW Calgary, I was advised that I had to take the bus to Crowfoot then pick up the bus to Royal Oak. Once I was at Royal Oak I then found out that I couldn't take the bus to Tuscany I had to go back to Crowfoot. How frustrating Is this correct or is there another way I am not aware of. Please can anybody help with advice as we only have 1 car and hubby uses it for work and when you have a small window before children arrive home from school it doesn't leave much time to go toing and froing to get buses. Very longwinded in my opinion. And does anyone know if there are walking routes so that you are able to walk for example from Tuscany to Royal Oak.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Rachel
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does the bus system work in Calgary?

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but have you checked out the Calgary Transit website?

http://Tripplanning.calgarytransit.com/

(I've never actually been to Calgary but I'm sure someone else with first hand experience will be along soon to help)
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

We are currently living in RO. Don't think there are many walking routes over Stoney trail or Crowchild.

Not that keen on RO!!!

Gryph
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gryphea
We are currently living in RO. Don't think there are many walking routes over Stoney trail or Crowchild.

Not that keen on RO!!!

Gryph
I thought as much as it is a bit of blot on the landscape but at least it has walmart
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your pm's.