How come????

Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

poll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of light
Default How come????

A thought has just come to me That there are a lot of people who live in the UK and that nobody but nobody knows anyone who works at the Immigration office. We all know someone who can help us here and there or they know someone, (friend of a friend)... so how come no-one knows anyone who works there and give some secret advice?

Can anyone shed any light on my thought?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How come????

There is someone on one of the Yahoo groups who used to work for the CHC. She is British applying for PR (I think she might have it now). I remember a posting where she got someone she knows who still works there to check what her BF date was.

Originally Posted by poll72000
A thought has just come to me That there are a lot of people who live in the UK and that nobody but nobody knows anyone who works at the Immigration office. We all know someone who can help us here and there or they know someone, (friend of a friend)... so how come no-one knows anyone who works there and give some secret advice?

Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:47 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Try this group - it is for folk applying through CHC London - and there was some personal input by someone who temped there

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKtoCanada
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

poll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of lightpoll72000 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ClareBC
Try this group - it is for folk applying through CHC London - and there was some personal input by someone who temped there

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKtoCanada

Thanks for that, the site will come in handy, my sister is just about to start applying, hopefully it will give me some new tips!! I am already in Vancouver, been here just over 12 months now and lovin' it !! She came over, loved it as well and wants to start the long trawl of paperwork!

I just thought it was strange that no-one mentions that they know someone. I am new to the forum thing so knowing there is another site that might help my sister, could be helpful to others as well. Thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

There are loads of groups on Yahoo - I left all but two of them when we landed otherwise I'd have pasted the links here. I know two that will be of use are Vancouver immigration - I think it is called Van immigration and there is another called Britain to Canada.

Warn your sister that they are quoting much longer timescales now. If I remember rightly 36 months is the standard time listed on the back of an aor now.

Thanks for that, the site will come in handy, my sister is just about to start applying, hopefully it will give me some new tips!! I am already in Vancouver, been here just over 12 months now and lovin' it !! She came over, loved it as well and wants to start the long trawl of paperwork!

I just thought it was strange that no-one mentions that they know someone. I am new to the forum thing so knowing there is another site that might help my sister, could be helpful to others as well. Thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 12:16 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
There is someone on one of the Yahoo groups who used to work for the CHC. She is British applying for PR (I think she might have it now). I remember a posting where she got someone she knows who still works there to check what her BF date was.
I'm surprised to hear that. If the person working at the CHC had been caught doing that, they wouldn't be working there any more.

I was working at the CHC when I submitted my PR application. I had a number of very good friends in CIC. It was made clear to me that I shouldn't ask for any favours.

One of them did help me to fill out the paperwork. Nothing "creative", just making sure it was done properly. Even that person stressed that I must never make their help public.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:33 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
There are loads of groups on Yahoo - I left all but two of them when we landed otherwise I'd have pasted the links here. I know two that will be of use are Vancouver immigration - I think it is called Van immigration and there is another called Britain to Canada.
Here be forums:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/van-immi/messages
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Brits2Vancouver/

Rich
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

so for those who worked at CIC, what was your job?
Old Dec 14th 2005, 5:22 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Here's some others...

Brits to Canada
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/britai...adaimmigration

Brits to Van you've got - but here's a couple more cities

Brits to Calgary
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationuktocalgary/

Brits to Toronto
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/brits2toronto/

TTFN
Clare