Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

House Swap.....?? Canada - UK, Ontario Region?

House Swap.....?? Canada - UK, Ontario Region?

Old Jul 7th 2006, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Default House Swap.....?? Canada - UK, Ontario Region?

Not sure if this is possible of not but just a idea floating through ma head.

Were in a 50/50 situation on whether to emigrate to Canada or not and were at the medical stage. We have a house in the Uk which we could sell, but am too worried about things not working out int he future and not being able to afford to come home.

If we rent the house out it would just about cover the mortgage but then renting is quite expensive also in Canada so my savings wouldn't last as long and we wouldn't get the real taste of living and working in Canada.

So is there a way of dong a house swap for a couple of years or so, is there anyone wanting to come back to the UK (Hampshire) who lives in the Onatario region?

This is just a idea and I doubt very much it would work but I'm kinda getting deperate now and on the verge of cancelling my application.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 9:31 am
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House Swap.....?? Canada - UK, Ontario Region?

Originally Posted by weener

Were in a 50/50 situation on whether to emigrate to Canada or not and were at the medical stage. We have a house in the Uk which we could sell, but am too worried about things not working out int he future and not being able to afford to come home.

If we rent the house out it would just about cover the mortgage but then renting is quite expensive also in Canada so my savings wouldn't last as long and we wouldn't get the real taste of living and working in Canada.

So is there a way of dong a house swap for a couple of years or so, is there anyone wanting to come back to the UK (Hampshire) who lives in the Onatario region?

This is just a idea and I doubt very much it would work but I'm kinda getting deperate now and on the verge of cancelling my application.

Don't know about long-term, unless you approach a Uni, where someone might be coming over for a study trip/research post.

But there is the house swap companies for shorter amounts of time, eg Homelink.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weener

I did a home exchange a few years ago to Toronto prior to submitting my application for PR - I used exchangehomes.com (or something like that!). There's also home exchange.com and a few other webistes dedicated to exchanging homes. Check them out - it's a great way to have a cheap holiday!
Old Jul 7th 2006, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

silver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant futuresilver birch has a brilliant future

There is also a website called sabbatical homes which organises exchanges, although probably not for as long as a couple of years.