HOUSE SOLD

Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:31 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default HOUSE SOLD

Hi Everyone

Just to let you know that the lady called back today offering me the 270K exactly what I was asking for on 2 conditions

1 Take the house off the market
2. Complete by med Sept

This lady did offer me 262K on Sat and I refused and I believe some people out there thought I was mad not to take the offer and run. So to all you guys I knew what I was doing and got a result!!!!!!

To all the other people that gave me support I would like to thanked you and wish you all the best in selling your property.

K
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:39 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HOUSE SOLD

Congratulations!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news, I hope it all goes through for you.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:48 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Well done!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 4:50 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Thank you everyone.....Just have to get the visa now lol
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi Everyone

Just to let you know that the lady called back today offering me the 270K exactly what I was asking for on 2 conditions

2. Complete by med Sept

This lady did offer me 262K on Sat and I refused and I believe some people out there thought I was mad not to take the offer and run. So to all you guys I knew what I was doing and got a result!!!!!!

To all the other people that gave me support I would like to thanked you and wish you all the best in selling your property.

K
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE HOUSE SALE.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Superb news. We are absolutely delighted for you and this serves as great encouragement for others trying to sell.

Congratulations.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:33 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi Everyone

2. Complete by med Sept

K
Congratulations but dont forget (and I'm sorry, I hate to always always appear negative ) that the house isnt actually sold (technically) until you exchange contracts. You just have an offer that you have accepted but the purchaser can still pull out at any stage.

I'm speaking from personal experience here - having had two buyers pull out before contract exchange when we were selling. The first one strung us along for months and, like you, were insistant that we take the house off the market. Eventually they pulled out and we discovered we had lost the entire summer (house selling season) while we waited for them and no back-up buyer.

Please, please, please take my advice here and dont take the house off the market - tell them that you are going to continue to market the property until contract exchange. If they really want to buy it (and it sound like they do if they have increased their offer etc to what you were looking for) then this wont cause them to back out, simply to get their skates on and try and exchange quickly. And this way you are being honest with them - you are letting them know that while you wont accept any higher offers you are going to try and attract other buyers as a back-up in case they dont go through with it. What if they get turned down for a mortgage for instance? At least thats what I wish I had done - it would have saved us 6 months in mortgage payments and prevented my OH and I living in seperate countries for 4 months.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi Everyone

2. Complete by med Sept

K
Nice! That's great news and good luck for completion, visas and the exciting move!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:54 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Many Congrats on the offer

NS Paul- agree with your comments re not taking off the market, you do leave yourself open to be hung out to dry so to speak, its difficult though playing the cat and mouse game particularly in the buyers market that is the Uk at the moment.

Whilst I would like to take this approach, if we get a good offer on the property not sure I would turn down their condition of taking the property off the market. Instead I might look to give a timescale for them to exchange by and(very quick) and if they haven't then the property goes back on the open market. Just my thoughts in my head at the mo
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:05 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Many Congrats on the offer

NS Paul- agree with your comments re not taking off the market, you do leave yourself open to be hung out to dry so to speak, its difficult though playing the cat and mouse game particularly in the buyers market that is the Uk at the moment.

Whilst I would like to take this approach, if we get a good offer on the property not sure I would turn down their condition of taking the property off the market. Instead I might look to give a timescale for them to exchange by and(very quick) and if they haven't then the property goes back on the open market. Just my thoughts in my head at the mo
On your last point that was what I tried to do - give them a time limit and then threaten to start advertising the property again. But as usual the deadline came and went several times and nothing happened and estate agents etc were hugely resistant to us suddenly starting to market the property again part-way through. In a way they thought that was much more of a shocker to the would-be buyers than simply leaving it on the market from the outset. I dont know for sure which would have worked best but as it was we were persuaded not to start marketing again and kicked ourselves later for letting the buyers waste so many months for us.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:13 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to KJM and I hope it all goes through smoothly.

And while we are on about good news, according to this report house prices are still rising in the UK (Northern Ireland apart). http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7513563.stm
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Congrats! I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

We have just dropped our house price today
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Oh wow thats great news i am very pleased for you, gives hope to all waiting to sell!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:23 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Hi

Thank you for the feedback.

I know the couples situation and the reason for the move. This house suits their personal goals and yes nothing is complete until it is signed, sealed and stamped. That is a risk I will have take....I shall complete not mid Sept but at the end of August and I will be pushing as I know they are due to start work within the area in September.

Trust me they have exhausted all the local E/A and I know the upset people have experienced when a sale has falling through or their can't exchange contracts because they have done unauthorized work.

Its a big risk I know but I am very confident at THIS POINT so the house will stay off the market......If I get a sniff of any problems the board will go straight up.

I haven't got my visa as yet as I am waiting for my med requests, which gives me a little time to play with. Furthermore solicitors are not so busy at the moment... so exchange contracts is not impossible for the end of August.

K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.