house sitters

Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:20 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default house sitters

i've spent along time today looking at the rental market and the idea of just walking away from our home but leaving it in the care of a 'house sitter'. the rental market is easy to deal with; plenty of local companies etc to choose from but trying to find a company that will basically 'look after my house in my absence' is a nightmare......there are plenty that will 'live in your house', look after pets etc etc......but i want to leave my house empty and have a company come in once a week, deal with any 'work' that might be needed and i pay them to do this........all the house sitting companies that i've contacted today (and it's been alot) all say no.

yes i can ask family and friends but i really want to try and avoid this as it puts a burden on them to 'deal' with anything........

has anyone used such a company?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house sitters

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
i've spent along time today looking at the rental market and the idea of just walking away from our home but leaving it in the care of a 'house sitter'. the rental market is easy to deal with; plenty of local companies etc to choose from but trying to find a company that will basically 'look after my house in my absence' is a nightmare......there are plenty that will 'live in your house', look after pets etc etc......but i want to leave my house empty and have a company come in once a week, deal with any 'work' that might be needed and i pay them to do this........all the house sitting companies that i've contacted today (and it's been alot) all say no.

yes i can ask family and friends but i really want to try and avoid this as it puts a burden on them to 'deal' with anything........

has anyone used such a company?
If you were near me, I could do it.

I think you might just need to get someone in longer term.

How about some of the house swap companies, some of them don't require you to swap, just sit.

I'll try to find the one I mean.....

This isn't it but this site has always fascinated me.

http://www.caretaker.org/

Last edited by G586; Jan 14th 2009 at 4:35 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:46 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point

What about a local virtual assistant type company - generally they provide admin services but some will offer other services as well - and I know in the past a few did house sitting type services. You may have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince(ss) but it may be worth a day investigating this route.

http://allianceofukvirtualassistants.org.uk/

That is a directory of VAs and if I remember they are split down by county or region.

Hth.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:09 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

quess what i found......if anyone is in the same boat? they are very proffessional and are coming out to see me soon.......

don't use the 08706 number, if you call......use 02089051234.....

http://www.safeestates.com/contact.html

found another one! they are kent based but i don't know how far a field they go......

http://www.swiftsecurityservices.co.uk/index.php

Last edited by gibsonslanding; Jan 15th 2009 at 10:50 am.