Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

House rental needed

House rental needed

Old Mar 18th 2016, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

sadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud of
Default House rental needed

Hi,

If anyone is moving to Canada or having an extended holiday and live in or around the Manchester UK area, could you please let me know if you are renting your house out.

My husband and I are looking for a 3 to 6 month rental possibly longer, we are both working professionals, non smokers, no pets or children.

We have rented 3 times in Australia and had our full bonds and excellent references from the letting agents ( not that easy in Australia ) every time.

I am happy to pm any further information, or meet up if you are still in the UK

Many thanks
Old Mar 18th 2016, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House rental needed

I live in Wigan and I am looking to move/have an extended stay in Canada and rent out my house. I do currently have two offers to rent my house for whenever it is we go (we're very early in the process so probably too slow for you anyway). I'll bare this in mind should things happen quickly but I think it's a long shot.

You're probably better looking at rightmove.com or zoopla. There are many, many flats and houses for rent. In Manchester city centre you'll be able to get a furnished apartment for 6 months without a problem. There are some short term leases and currently supply is out stripping demand. They're throwing up flats like they're going out of fashion.

I don't know your reasoning for choosing Manchester. But have you considered Liverpool? You get more for your money in Liverpool. The city is much friendlier, more accesible in the sense that there are many areas to park for free. I went to University in Manchester and have friends that live in both cities.
Things Liverpool has going for it:
Much better night out, everything is together, Manchester is very spread out.
I've witnessed far less violence in Liverpool than Manchester. Two of my friends are police officers for Manchester central and my brother is in Merseyside police which cover Liverpool. My Manchester friends tell me far worse than my brother.
Less racial tensions. I have been attacked for being white in Manchester and my friend had his jaw crushed by an Asian gang who jumped on his head because he was white and in 'their' area... despite being around the corner from his house.
Liverpool has lots of free festivals for music and art.
Liverpool seems to have more big street performances which are free.

Manchester is still a fun city and I go often, most major bands play there rather than Liverpool. But I just think Liverpool is a friendlier and safer city.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

sadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud ofsadieb has much to be proud of

Hi Shakyuk,

Many thanks for the reply. Manchester is due to wok ! We have only ever lived in Cheshire and the commute to North Manchester can be 3 hours plus a day !! Just returned from Australia and hey presto another job in North Manchester !!

Hope all goes smoothly for Canada and the rental, good luck with everything

Take care
Old Mar 21st 2016, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

If it's north Manchester then Worsley and Swinton have some very nice areas. Out of the city centre but very easy to get into for a night out and you're the right side of the ship canal for a north Manchester commute.

A shame about the commute as I'm sure you'd prefer to be back in Cheshire!