Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

House Rental in Hudson Area, Montreal

House Rental in Hudson Area, Montreal

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

rickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nice
Default House Rental in Hudson Area, Montreal

Hi everyone, me and my family are moving to montreal early next year on a TWP and we are looking at renting a house to start with until we find our feet, we are looking in the Hudson/Saint Lazare area and was wondering if anyone could tell me of some websites to look on, I've checked out Re-max and a few other estate agent sites but they don't seem to have many houses to rent, Any help would be appreciated

Rick
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough
Default Re: House Rental in Hudson Area, Montreal

Originally Posted by rickbashley
Hi everyone, me and my family are moving to montreal early next year on a TWP and we are looking at renting a house to start with until we find our feet, we are looking in the Hudson/Saint Lazare area and was wondering if anyone could tell me of some websites to look on, I've checked out Re-max and a few other estate agent sites but they don't seem to have many houses to rent, Any help would be appreciated

Rick
Large 3,000 sf 5 bed
/ 4 bath newly renovated
home on
Woodcroft Street in
the heart of Hudson.
Available Oct
1st.
$2,175.00/month
450-458-1225.

Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

rickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nicerickbashley is just really nice

Cheers Johnehsmith,Thats a great local paper is it a weekly issue and is it available as a PDF every week?

Rick
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough

Cheers Johnehsmith,Thats a great local paper is it a weekly issue and is it available as a PDF every week?

Rick
I don't know, I just remember seeing it in a friends car one day, he lives there
and I recalled the name of the local rag. I'd assume its available for download
for free every week if you can see this weeks.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Also try http://montreal.kijiji.ca/ or craigs list
Old Sep 4th 2010, 2:27 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

you could also check out the classifieds in http://www.hudsongazette.com/

Got quite a few friends/former colleagues in the area, it's a really nice place to live
Old Sep 5th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Hudson is a beautiful area. St Lazare can be dodgy. Both areas are known as playgrounds for the horsey set.

Try: househunting.ca and/or montrealgazette.com
Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the links it's great I've had a look at most of them and they are really useful,
Old Oct 4th 2010, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

LisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really nice

Thanks for all the links it's great I've had a look at most of them and they are really useful,
Hello Rick,

Lisa here. Just wanted to add that you should definitely favour Hudson. A truly lovely community. I also know an EXCELLENT realtor who specializes in that area. She works with lots of expats so she is also good at answering all the extra questions newcomers have. If you are interested, I can send you her coordinates. Good luck!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi LisaR, thanks for replying to my thread, I would appreciate it if you could supply me with the realtor you spoke of in your reply, so I can contact them and see if they can help me out!!

Many Thanks
Rick
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

PhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant futurePhilJillMaxJoe has a brilliant future

Have you tried mls.ca I have found this really useful. Then find the address of the property you like plug it into google earth to have a look at the area.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 6th 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

LisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really niceLisaR is just really nice

Hi LisaR, thanks for replying to my thread, I would appreciate it if you could supply me with the realtor you spoke of in your reply, so I can contact them and see if they can help me out!!

Many Thanks
Rick
Hello Rick,

I have just now sent your her contact info in a private message since we are not allowed to supply private information on the public forum. Please let me know that you have received the information. Good luck!
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi LisaR, Thanks I received the message will be calling her when i'm next over in Canada and arrange a meeting with her. Will let you know how it turns out, are you in Hudson to?

Many Thanks
Rick