house rental

Old Jan 9th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future
Default house rental

hi folks im just looking for some feedback on renting a house in ottawa, im trying to rent somewhere while im still here in the uk, ive got all the sites for rentals and have been going through them for a few weeks now. my question is, do i email the posters of the rental and explain that im still in the uk and would like to rent from here till i get over there(probably a month before i get over) and how do you pay for the first and last months rent that most rental require.

any info would be great
thanks
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house rental

Originally Posted by sheera67
hi folks im just looking for some feedback on renting a house in ottawa, im trying to rent somewhere while im still here in the uk, ive got all the sites for rentals and have been going through them for a few weeks now. my question is, do i email the posters of the rental and explain that im still in the uk and would like to rent from here till i get over there(probably a month before i get over) and how do you pay for the first and last months rent that most rental require.

any info would be great
thanks
I found a rental place online, e-mailed and spoke with the landlord and we agreed a date and where I could collect the key from when I arrived (as she lives elsewhere in Canada). I paid deposit by cheque - I knew where to find her if everything went pear-shaped as she was a realtor with Remax and I'd seen her website, knew where she worked, etc. Turned out to be an OK experience.

If you need any help with viewings, etc let me know - I can maybe check places out for you.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 5:23 pm
Kul
Forum Regular

Kul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I think it depends what you want to rent, we rent a townhome through Minto. This can be organised from the UK as a family who moved here last year did just that. You do have to sign up for a year though, however if you want to move out beforehand you can do as long as you find someone else to take over your property.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:58 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sheera67

any info would be great
thanks
I rent houses all the time to UK expats. Just do your due diligence and make sure it is a genuine landlord. Phone/email and don't mail money to off shore accounts!!