Reload this Page >

House prices in Vancouver

House prices in Vancouver

Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:10 am
Just Joined

ChelseaFC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House prices in Vancouver

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a website that shows house price movements in Vancouver?

Obviously the credit crunch has affected the global economy and in the UK house prices are beginning to slide (as they are globally).

I am thinking of moving to Vancouver and would be interested to know how house prices are faring.

Thanks

CFC
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: House prices in Vancouver

Anyone?/
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ChelseaFC
Anyone?/
You can try

http://www.realtylink.org/

http://www.snapuprealestate.ca/

http://www.royallepage.ca/ListingSea...&location=crea

Hope this helps

ubdai
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:17 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Obviously the credit crunch has affected the global economy and in the UK house prices are beginning to slide (as they are globally).

I am thinking of moving to Vancouver and would be interested to know how house prices are faring.

Thanks

CFC

Anyone?/
Try having a little patience.

Your first post was at 3:10am B.C. time your second at 7:39am B.C. time.

Not too many people are going to be up at those hours waiting just for your post.

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/curre..._in_CA-BC.aspx

Last edited by Steve_P; Oct 1st 2008 at 3:19 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Try having a little patience.
With a username like the OP's, I think patience is improbable.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

totally forgot about the time diff .. apologies
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:49 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
With a username like the OP's, I think patience is improbable.
Hmm, BSA springs to mind
Old Oct 1st 2008, 5:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
Hmm, BSA springs to mind
Boy Scouts of America? It fits the profile.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

ryancoffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'm a Realtor in Nanaimo which is just across the water from Vancouver on Vancouver Island.

It's been a little while since I've taken a good look at the Vancouver stats, so this gives me an excuse to do so.

The current stats from Vancouver are showing an average sale price of approx $800,000 for a single family unit. (That basically means a house) It has dropped a bit since the beginning of the year, but things go up and down in the short term and always up in the long term.

The result is that it's a buyer's market right now, meaning that if you're buying there's lots more to choose from than usual and things are basically "on sale" so to speak.

Looking at the stats, it seems that the changes in the world markets have hit Vancouver pretty good. I had head this, but now I'm seeing it in numbers. The thing is, it's hard to really get a feel for what's going on just from numbers, our local stats sure don't tell the whole story, just one aspect of it. Vancouver Island is feeling the pinch a bit too, not as much mind you, but a bit of a pinch. It does bear mentioning that average prices in Nanaimo are less than half of Vancouver's though.

FYI no one is predicting a big housing crash in Canada like you're seeing in the US, (outside of armchair economists) just a continued softening of markets. Our banks and other institutions have more sensible lending practices than our neighbours to the south.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
From viewing the for sale signs there seems to be a slow down, and more choice than last year when properties sold in days/weeks.
Apparently some new downtown condos have had their prices re assessed, they were over a 'mill' for UK sizes...
But overall, there doesn't seem to be any 'major bargains'
Prices here just seem to keep well, i.e. we bought 18 months ago for 500k, and it is currently worth 750k.
As the Vancouver area seems to be the place people want to be, and there is currently a shortage of skilled labour.
Demand of people moving here will probably keep the market up. And as it is October, some people as just waiting until next year to sell.
And there always the 'olympics' influence.
Well thats my view anway.
Cheers
Jerry
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:26 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerry brewer
Hi
Prices here just seem to keep well, i.e. we bought 18 months ago for 500k, and it is currently worth 750k.
Vancouver is experiencing a very significant housing bubble which is now coming to an end. This is pretty obvious from the above - If I owned a house that had made these kind of gains in 18mo I would be selling now and sitting in rented with $250k in the bank.

House prices do always go up over the long term - however the long term trend should be to track average incomes in the area - anything else is not sustainable and those that bought at the top are going to get burnt (once confidence in a housing market has gone prices crash - they never soft land or plateau)

I guess I'm one of those armchair economists - but do you think $800k for an average house reflects the average salary in Vancouver (I don't know what this is, but I bet it's a lot less than $100k).

Personally I'm not going anywhere near real estate in Vancouver right now - I'll get more for my money next year and significantly more the year after that.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:13 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks

CFC
Wont fall far if they do finally start to come down. They're running out of room. Mountains to the north, sea to the west, America to the south and too many banjos to the east. (Joke for all you Fraser Valley mob!). If you do go i'll put you in touch with the Vancouver CFC supporters. I was an honoury member being a Millwall fan.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:05 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Wont fall far if they do finally start to come down. They're running out of room. Mountains to the north, sea to the west, America to the south and too many banjos to the east. (Joke for all you Fraser Valley mob!). If you do go i'll put you in touch with the Vancouver CFC supporters. I was an honoury member being a Millwall fan.
Banjos? You lost me there. As one of the Fraser Valley mob I'm still trying to work that one out! Must be particularly dense this morning.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:40 pm
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

I am a realtor in Vancouver. And yes we are seeing prices coming down somewhat. And there is a lot more choice around - which is good news for buyers (which is where most of my business comes from).

From my own recent experience, there is a lot of demand still out there, but uncertainty about the future is making people understandably cautious. That said, we have been busy at all ends of the market, from the entry level condo to the million dollar plus properties. So far my buyers are showing confidence in the way the market is going to go in the longer term and picking up some good deals.

My real estate newsletter includes statistics from the real estate board in Vancouver if anyone is interested.

Warmly,

Frank

Last edited by Frank'n Sense; Oct 2nd 2008 at 5:07 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:43 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

franks news letter is well worth having.....i keep mine frank, over the years and refer back to past ones to look at trends.......cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.