Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

House Price Negotiation

House Price Negotiation

Old Feb 24th 2016, 9:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Price Negotiation

Originally Posted by Souvy
Noi I'm not.

I merely stuck 4k in 1993 into my spreadsheet model with 2015 as the base year and the answer popped out.

It's probably wrong.
No ,I'm sure your figures are right for discounted dollars: I was just putting a $12K gap in a real estate deal in the GTA in 1993 into the context of an identical deal in 2015 expressed as a percentage of the transaction.

$12K then was equivalent to $42K now.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Price Negotiation

Originally Posted by Alan2005

We've had quite a few of those postcards from realtors saying that they have buyers waiting, so supply is probably a bit limited.
More of them than post some days! Knocking on the door weekly as well - two reckon we'd get 850, I reckon they are bonkers. We paid 615 in May...but this is intended to be our 'pretty much until retirement' home (and I'm only 46), so I'm not remotely interested.

Currently one month's worth of inventory in the area according to one of the weekly stats emails I still get from a Realtor. This time last year there was 3-4 months' worth.

Quite handy actually - shows the new listings before they appear on the internet and also the actual Sold prices and dates, right up to a few days prior, every week.

Last edited by withabix; Feb 24th 2016 at 9:44 pm.