Reload this Page >

hotels in vancouver

hotels in vancouver

Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

pinksquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hotels in vancouver

Hiya

Im in the process of moving to Sask, but I need to go to Vancouver first to pick up my work permit (bit of a detour just to get a piece of paper, but who am I to argue?)

Anyway, the long and short of it is, i'm going to stay a while and see a bit of the big city before heading out to the praries, so could anyone recommend any nice hotels for $120 per night (dble) max? Its a sort of mini honeymoon on a budget so any suggestions would be v gratefully received.

Cheers !
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

You wont get much for under $120 this time of year in central Vancouver I have stayed at this Best Western before and have always found them good quality and valve
Select a Room - Available Rooms and Rates Modify Stay Options Modify Search

Best Western Sands

1755 Davie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6G 1W5, Canada

Phone: 604-682-1831
Fax: 604-682-3546

Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:29 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: hotels in vancouver

Originally posted by pinksquirrel
Hiya

Im in the process of moving to Sask, but I need to go to Vancouver first to pick up my work permit (bit of a detour just to get a piece of paper, but who am I to argue?)

Anyway, the long and short of it is, i'm going to stay a while and see a bit of the big city before heading out to the praries, so could anyone recommend any nice hotels for $120 per night (dble) max? Its a sort of mini honeymoon on a budget so any suggestions would be v gratefully received.

Cheers !
Maybe you should find somewhere outside of Vancouver, as I can't imagine you would find very much in the city for that price. Try looking around Abbotsford or Langley environs and then just drive into the city to see the sites.
Old Jun 17th 2004, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

I just checked www.expedia.ca

The Plaza 500 Hotel, one mile from Downtown, is available June 30 - July 3 at $120 a night plus taxes.

I merely typed in arbitrary dates but you can type in your own
Old Jun 17th 2004, 7:19 am
Just Joined

millycat is an unknown quantity at this point

We are staying at the Sylvia hotel when we stay in September and the rate is $90 + tax per night.

http://www.sylviahotel.com

I don't think it's the height of luxury but it is fairly central, and more importantly cheap!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 4:25 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

We stayed here - so central (next to Robson square, just up from Stanley park) the people running it are great
http://www.bbcanada.com/744.html

No TV, very basic, lovely atmosphere.

Clare

Oh, and the max is $120pn - includes breakfast - natch
Old Jun 18th 2004, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

stavex will become famous soon enough

Can anyone suggest somewhere good for a family of 5 (3 small kids)?
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:05 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by stavex
Can anyone suggest somewhere good for a family of 5 (3 small kids)?

Well, a family I know used Best WEstern on Capilano Road (north vancouver, v. close to Lions Gate Bridge http://www.bestwesterncapilano.com/index.html )

Rates are not tooo bad.

Is this for holiday accommodation or somewhere to stay when you land? (If the latter try www.suitedeals.com)

Clare
Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Bryan Kellar is an unknown quantity at this point

I spend a week in Vancouver 3-4 times a year, and the last several times in a row I have gone the Travel Lodge in Richmond near the Airport has always been the low price winner. The last time I went (2 weeks ago I paid the highest I ever paid, C$ 89.00 per night. They have all the amenities, too. (Actually, previous to that, I had never paid over $65.00 per night!)

I have also stayed at the Best Western - Capilano Inn mentioned in the last post. Also a good place, and just across the Lions Gate Bridge from downtown Vancouver.

Bryan