Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

hotels in okotoks??

hotels in okotoks??

Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hotels in okotoks??

me and my family are planning a research trip to okotoks in october and so far we can only find 1 hotel there which is the lakeview and it was quite expensive.anyone got any recommendations of decent hotels there?we want to stay directly in okotoks instead of further out such as high river,calgary etc as with it being a research trip we want to stay in okotoks the whole time to see what it would be like day to day.any info or links etc would be great
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:48 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hotels in okotoks??

Originally Posted by riccosuabe
me and my family are planning a research trip to okotoks in october and so far we can only find 1 hotel there which is the lakeview and it was quite expensive.anyone got any recommendations of decent hotels there?we want to stay directly in okotoks instead of further out such as high river,calgary etc as with it being a research trip we want to stay in okotoks the whole time to see what it would be like day to day.any info or links etc would be great
Not much else to choose from I'm afraid.

According to the link below rates for the Lakeview are $80-$130 per night, you're not going to get much cheaper than that.

http://www.okotokshotels.worldweb.com/index.htm
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:51 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by riccosuabe
Hi, me and my family are coming over in June and are staying in someones basement which is like a 2 bed apartment. This could be an option and its much cheaper plus you are in Okotoks ....PM me if you want some details Im not that far from you in the UK eh!!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Hi

As already mentioned there's not a lot of choice in Okotoks itself when it comes to Hotels.

I think the current price for the Lakeview Inn is $114 per night or you can stay at the Country Inn for $99 per night.

I have a number of friends who rent basements for around $60 per night and a friend on a Ranch just outside Okotoks who has a great B&B and is very reasonable.

I also have a friend who rents a number of fully furnished houses and Condo's in Okotoks on a weekly basis for $400 per week all inclusive.

Let me know if I can help

Regards
Sam
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Gcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura about

What about a hotel in "deep south" Calgary? It's about an 8 minute drive from Calgary to Okotoks. There are two in the Shawnessy Village area:

http://www.wingatebywyndhamcalgary.com/

http://www.super8calgary.com/

Good luck!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:58 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say, if you can get a weekly rental of a house for $400 for a week, that's your very best idea for a family research trip.

.... quick math ... that's less that 60 dollars a night for a whole family, plus you are "living" where you want to try, and can shop locally for meals etc .......
Old Apr 20th 2009, 1:15 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks
Hi

As already mentioned there's not a lot of choice in Okotoks itself when it comes to Hotels.

I think the current price for the Lakeview Inn is $114 per night or you can stay at the Country Inn for $99 per night.

I have a number of friends who rent basements for around $60 per night and a friend on a Ranch just outside Okotoks who has a great B&B and is very reasonable.

I also have a friend who rents a number of fully furnished houses and Condo's in Okotoks on a weekly basis for $400 per week all inclusive.

Let me know if I can help

Regards
Sam
Is the Country Inn the motel by Smitty's / the railway line. We did a week there a couple of years ago between our condo rental and house purchase.

I would have happily spent the extra $20 / night for the Lakeview (anywhere know where the lake is??). The motel was basic, noisey and service wasn't great.

I would avoid it. The ones in Shawnessy are only 15 minutes or so away.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

We stayed at The Country Inn one night when we were on a recce. It wasn't good. It was really noisy (being right next to the railway line), plus there was no hot water in the morning due to the hotel doing their laundry!!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

SimoneT is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, the best option for a reccie trip is to either rent someone's basement suite, apartment or house. It will give you and your family a really good idea what life in Okotoks is like. There are quite a few people renting these out, your best bet is to have a look at the classifieds in the Western Wheel (Okotoks local paper), there are always a lot of rentals advertised. I also know of a few relocation companies who have fully furnished apartments on offer. PM me and I can give you the details. Good Luck!