Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Honouring booked holiday/vacation?

Wikiposts

Honouring booked holiday/vacation?

Old Apr 13th 2013, 6:30 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Honouring booked holiday/vacation?

Hi Folks,

I wondered if Canadian employers would be like UK employers and would honour/let you take holiday/vacation that was booked prior to the job offer?

Thanks

Mike
Old Apr 13th 2013, 6:57 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honouring booked holiday/vacation?

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Hi Folks,

I wondered if Canadian employers would be like UK employers and would honour/let you take holiday/vacation that was booked prior to the job offer?

Thanks

Mike
Most would. You only know when you ask.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 7:01 am

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Most would. You only know when you ask.
Good point and I was going to ask the employer, but thought I would test the waters with the BE folk regards the general opinion of whether most employers would honour it
Old Apr 13th 2013, 10:01 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't have a problem, I am just starting anew job, they are honoring vacations and I have just been thrown a curve ball, I am hoping they will be understanding lol I have an unexpected visitor coming
Old Apr 13th 2013, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
You shouldn't have a problem, I am just starting anew job, they are honoring vacations and I have just been thrown a curve ball, I am hoping they will be understanding lol I have an unexpected visitor coming
Thanks for the feedback, I have asked the question and will await the response next week. My OH's brother is getting married in November in Australia. So its not just a week long break and due to prices going up etc we bought the tickets back in December and so we would not want to miss it or lose out on the £1700 we have spent on the flights
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:22 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

You're pregnant ?????
Old Apr 13th 2013, 6:55 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
You're pregnant ?????
Bloody hope not saying that completely off topic, one of my regular customers came in with a baby the other day and said this is what happens after you get your tubes tied, she had the ssme doctor as me

No my sister has mentioned that she is coming for my daughters grad
Old Apr 13th 2013, 8:20 pm

Bloody hope not saying that completely off topic, one of my regular customers came in with a baby the other day and said this is what happens after you get your tubes tied, she had the ssme doctor as me

I bet that was a surprise for her, does she have any recourse against the doctor ?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 3:00 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bloody hell!

Hope she does x
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the feedback, I have asked the question and will await the response next week. My OH's brother is getting married in November in Australia. So its not just a week long break and due to prices going up etc we bought the tickets back in December and so we would not want to miss it or lose out on the £1700 we have spent on the flights
Aren't your flights booked from the UK tho?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:20 am

I bet that was a surprise for her, does she have any recourse against the doctor ?
No, it is something they say one in x amount of thousands will possibly fail, in her case a clip fell off, I just hope he put the clips properly on me, ive got ten years on this other lady. I asked her if she was angry when she found out and she said yes, hut she's over that now andnquite happy with her baby girl, she has twin boys too.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Aren't your flights booked from the UK tho?
Actually our flights are booked with Copenhagen as we are meeting my girlfriends parents in Copenhagen and flying with them from there. So we will need to fly from Van to Copenhagen. Should be a nice short flight
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:23 am

No, it is something they say one in x amount of thousands will possibly fail, in her case a clip fell off, I just hope he put the clips properly on me, ive got ten years on this other lady. I asked her if she was angry when she found out and she said yes, hut she's over that now andnquite happy with her baby girl, she has twin boys too.
Well fingers crossed it goes ok for her and of course fingers crossed for you too
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:27 am

Well fingers crossed it goes ok for her and of course fingers crossed for you too
Thanks