Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Holidays and Hunting

Holidays and Hunting

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holidays and Hunting

Originally Posted by Boulder
It is mother nature's territory, these bears and deer were actually there before the farmer.

I live in the part of the world that is all farming and the sensible ones border their land with intelligent system rather than a few hedges etc. and then get surprised when animals come on the land.

The short term solution you are talking about is what lead us here today.
With all due respect you cant really compare the deer situation in compact overpopulated britain with Canada. How often do you see deer on you commute? Ive had at least 4 near misses on my daily drive, and I mean "whites of the eyes" near misses, hoof print on the bonnet stuff. Have you had a bear in your backyard? Do racoons routinely cause millions of dollars worth of property damage there? Prey tell, apart from the F150 pickup truck, what is a natural preditor for a racoon anyway?

Last edited by iaink; Aug 23rd 2007 at 8:01 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
With all due respect you cant really compare the deer situation in compact overpopulated britain with Canada. How often do you see deer on you commute? Ive had at least 4 near misses on my daily drive, and I mean "whites of the eyes" near misses, hoof print on the bonnet stuff. Have you had a bear in your backyard? Do racoons routinely cause millions of dollars worth of property damage there? Prey tell, apart from the F150 pickup truck, what is a natural preditor for a racoon anyway?
dbd33?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:05 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
dbd33?
You think dbd33 is natural
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

The animal populations in mother nature don't need 'control'. It is called ecology. The size of pupulations are affected by the amount of food,the natural food chain and the environment.

If controlling populations was necessary then we should start with the human population.

Mother nature has taken care of the world long before humans came along and it only takes a wider persective to appreciate all the worlds ecological problems we are facing today is because man thinks he knows how to control.
ecology includes humans, hunting to preserve your way of life is part of ecology
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

You think dbd33 is natural
I dont think he'd lose any sleep over it
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dbd33
Such as what?
That is the point if you have to ask. That is why some farmers are pro hunting and some are against it.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think he'd lose any sleep over it
I do hate them but, touch wood, I think the local ones have been exterminated.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

With all due respect, I wasn't. Britain is not the only country and nor is Canada.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

ecology includes humans, hunting to preserve your way of life is part of ecology
Oh dear!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

That is the point if you have to ask. That is why some farmers are pro hunting and some are against it.
Huh? Farmers very much like to hunt; coyotes, foxes, deer, every animal is a threat to something on the farm. The question though was what sort of barrier is intelligent, are you think of those WiFi robot fences that move with the cattle?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:13 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

With all due respect, I wasn't. Britain is not the only country and nor is Canada.
So what the hell were you talking about? no one else seems to know and you dont seem to want to explain! Given that its a thread partly about hunting in Canada, and its on a british expat website and your location is "England" its seemed a reasonable supposition.

I too live in the part of the world that is all farming, and the deer are a dangerous nuisance at times!

Please, tell us about your near misses, bear encounters, raccoon restraint alternatives and what these "intelligent systems" are.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 23rd 2007 at 8:19 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh dear!!
What can the matter be??
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Now the menace is the groundhog. Much shooting of groundhogs goes on around us.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

In these days of tractors, its not really justified, but if you have cows, or still plough with horses the holes can cause broken legs, and you dont often see cows or horses with casts
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am pretty annoyed with whatever is eating the tomatoes and peppers i am growing, so if i were a farmer I would be incandescent. Not that that would help when hunting as the animals would see you

Do skunks eat tomatoes??? or maybe groundhog?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.