holiday visa?

Old Aug 7th 2002, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

marlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default holiday visa?

hi! i have a good friend in canada. can she sponsor for tourist visa or something? if she can,what are the things to do? how long can i saty in canada if ever, how long would be processing of papers & how much would it cost including the airfare, im in manila. hope someone could enlighten me about this.
many thanks!
Old Aug 21st 2002, 4:40 am
Bianca

Default Re: holiday visa?

"marlene" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi! i have a good friend in canada. can she sponsor for tourist visa or something?

she can sponsor you for your short stay......but 50/50 chances.

> if she can,what are the things to do?

first of all ask an invitation letter from your friend which must be notarized by a
canadian lawyer. then apply for a tourist visa.

> how long can i saty in canada if ever, how long would be processing of papers

processing of papers is from 1 to 3 months (there's a lot of application in manila).
You'll gonna state on the application form on how long you'll gonna stay there and
for sure you'll gonna have a interview since it's only a friend who's inviting you.
If application is succesful, once you arrive in canada, it depends on the officer
upon port of entry. If there's no specified date, it's automatic 6 months of
validity of stay.

> & how much would it cost including the airfare, im in manila. hope someone could
    > enlighten me about this. many thanks!

1500 US dollars (back and forth)

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

marlene is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for replying, so would you rather that i applied for TRV or something? hmm, would you know that success rate of this visa i mean tourist visa for me or whatever..lol
many thanks again!

Originally posted by Bianca:
    > hi! i have a good friend in canada. can she sponsor for tourist visa or something?

she can sponsor you for your short stay......but 50/50 chances.

> if she can,what are the things to do?

first of all ask an invitation letter from your friend which must be notarized by a
canadian lawyer. then apply for a tourist visa.

> how long can i saty in canada if ever, how long would be processing of papers

processing of papers is from 1 to 3 months (there's a lot of application in manila).
You'll gonna state on the application form on how long you'll gonna stay there and
for sure you'll gonna have a interview since it's only a friend who's inviting you.
If application is succesful, once you arrive in canada, it depends on the officer
upon port of entry. If there's no specified date, it's automatic 6 months of
validity of stay.

> & how much would it cost including the airfare, im in manila. hope someone could
    > enlighten me about this. many thanks!

1500 US dollars (back and forth)

> --
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 6:09 pm
Bianca

yes you could apply for TRV, it's everyone's right. As long as you have a lot of
proof documents that your intention is just to visit and you must return to your home
country as soon as your validity of stay expires. proof documents such as employment
certificate.......or any other documents that bonds you to your home country.

Success rate is very high as long is the applicant is honest and be prepared on an
interview.

> thanks for replying, so would you rather that i applied for TRV or something? hmm,
    > would you know that success rate of this visa i mean tourist visa for me or
    > whatever..lol many thanks again!
    > Originally posted by Bianca:
    > > "marlene" wrote in message
    > > news:378334.1028715121@b-
    > > ritishexpats.comnews:378334.1028715121@britishexpa ts.com...
    > > > hi! i have a good friend in canada. can she sponsor for tourist visa or
    > > > something?
    > >
    > > she can sponsor you for your short stay......but 50/50 chances.
    > >
    > > > if she can,what are the things to do?
    > >
    > > first of all ask an invitation letter from your friend which must be notarized by
    > > a canadian lawyer. then apply for a tourist visa.
    > >
    > > > how long can i saty in canada if ever, how long would be processing of papers
    > >
    > > processing of papers is from 1 to 3 months (there's a lot of application in
    > > manila). You'll gonna state on the application form on how long you'll gonna stay
    > > there and for sure you'll gonna have a interview since it's only a friend who's
    > > inviting you. If application is succesful, once you arrive in canada, it depends
    > > on the officer upon port of entry. If there's no specified date, it's automatic
    > > 6 months of validity of stay.
    > >
    > > > & how much would it cost including the airfare, im in manila. hope someone
    > > > could enlighten me about this. many thanks!
    > >
    > > 1500 US dollars (back and forth)
    > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted via http://bri-
    > > > tishexpats.com/http://britishexpats.com

> --