Hi there!

Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

leicesterboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi there!

Hi there
I have just registered today after reading this site for weeks and the amount of great topics covered.
I am hopefully moving to Calgary around Christmas time, I have had my 90 day letter on 2nd Jan 08 and my documents were updated and passed to CIC for the 15th March 08 which was successfully done with help of my broker I am using. I am now awaiting my Section A medical form which I have been told I should hopefully have this by September 08 and as long as I pass my medicals 12 weeks later I should have my PR card. Oh but I should say my file was received by CIC in Sept 05 via The Skilled Workers Programme. How frustrating is the wait........... in my frustration I have written to Ed Stelmach - Alberta's Governor & Alberta's employment minister - Hector Goudreau with no joy and they advise that you must wait for CIC, how do you fill in the labour shortages when they won't let skilled workers into the country quick enough. I have a job offer, I am a Panel Beater by trade and my employer has even thought about getting me in via a work visa which has gone through the Labour Market Opinion process through Service Canada in Edmonton, but yes even they are taking 3 months to review your employers application so it looks as if I'm stuck in the UK till Dec08 / Jan 09.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:54 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi there!

Welcome to the wild and whacky world of immigration, leicesterboy.
x
Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

leicesterboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi there!

Thanks Judy
I can see I am not the only one, which makes me feel a whole lot better and I share my frustration with many others.

Regards
leicesterboy