Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi new to your site

Hi new to your site

Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

blaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant future
Default Hi new to your site

Hi I am new to your site, I have just come across it and must say it is a great site.

So hello to everyone, we are looking to move to canada. Well we would love to we would go tomorrow if we could.

We do not know much about visas, or whether we would even stand a chance of being able to get a visa. So if anyone could give us some advice on how to go about applying or which visa we could or would be best for us to apply for any advice would be really appreciated!!!

My oh is in the construction industry and has been for 24 years he has a city and guild level 2 in steel fixing and a machine excavation ticket (360) and I am a teaching assistant and I am just finishing a city and guild level 2 in this.

Any advice would be really appreciated!!

Last edited by AmyDavid; Jan 14th 2009 at 9:47 pm. Reason: to make it easier to read - welcome :)
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:48 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi new to your site

Originally Posted by blaise
Hi I am new to your site, I have just come across it and must say it is a great site. So hello to everyone, we are looking to move to canada. Well we would love to we would go tomorrow if we could. We do not know much about visas, or whether we would even stand a chance of being able to get a visa. So if anyone could give us some advice on how to go about applying or which visa we could or would be best for us to apply for any advice would be really appreciated!!! My oh is in the construction industry and has been for 24 years he has a city and guild level 2 in steel fixing and a machine excavation ticket (360) and I am a teaching assistant and I am just finishing a city and guild level 2 in this. Any advice would be really appreciated!!
Hi blaise...Welcome to BE

Get yourself a very large cup of coffee and have a read at WIKI...your find it at the top of this page...blue bar under expats.com Loads of info on there about applications and jobs.....Good Luck and Best Wishes sent....xxxx
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - welcome to the site.

The specially crafted British Expats wiki was made just for you.

Pull up a good chair, a large cuppa or a chilled beer, and get comfortable

Here's the link to start you off.

When you've read that (so we'll hear from you again in about 3 weeks ) ask away at the stuff that is not clear - and there will be lots.

Enjoy.

Edit: D'oh - Flirty beat me to it .... !
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

blaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant futureblaise has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Hi blaise...Welcome to BE

Get yourself a very large cup of coffee and have a read at WIKI...your find it at the top of this page...blue bar under expats.com Loads of info on there about applications and jobs.....Good Luck and Best Wishes sent....xxxx
Thank you so much for such a quick reply and for the advice many thanks will have a look!!!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi I have a quick look through will look abit more tommorrow, It seems oh job is in the list of jobs in demand. So what does that mean? Is that good?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:16 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for such a quick reply and for the advice many thanks will have a look!!!
Your very welcome blaise...and as ann m has posted, if you've any questions just ask...there is always someone to help here
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:16 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Hi I have a quick look through will look abit more tommorrow, It seems oh job is in the list of jobs in demand. So what does that mean? Is that good?
More than good hun, thats Excellent.....
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:22 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Im new too, only posted my first thread the other day.

Being on the list of jobs in demand is good, it means basically you have a higher chance of getting into Candad. Have you taken the test to see what points total you have?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp

Sorry not much help, as I said Im new to all of this too. There is so much information to take in and it's so hard to process it all, then you come on here and see people talking about PNPs and AEOs etc and you're like huh?!!! I imagine it is just like learning to ride a bike... it will take time but we'll get there eventually
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:06 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Blaise
welcome to BE
Terese
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thank you all for the advice, I know I might sound silly,but if oh job is on the list of 38 and that is good what should I do now, what visa can I maybe apply for and how would I apply??? Do we have to have a job offer, before we can apply??? Which would be the quickest?? Sorry again for allthe questions!!!!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 7:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thank you all for the advice, I know I might sound silly,but if oh job is on the list of 38 and that is good what should I do now, what visa can I maybe apply for and how would I apply??? Do we have to have a job offer, before we can apply??? Which would be the quickest?? Sorry again for allthe questions!!!!
Hi Blaise - if your hubby is one of the lucky ones and is in a job on the list of 38 (and you have enough points on the self assessment test), then you can apply as a Skilled Worker. You don't need a job offer and you would get Permanent Residency withint 6-12 months, so it's fab news.

Just make sure that he fits the job criteria as you don't want to waste money applying and then be rejected. You need to look up his NOC code on this page below by putting his job title into the search box, then click on it and make sure that he fits the more detailed job description (i.e. is doing the 'main duties' described etc).

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...6/Welcome.aspx

Hope that helps, good luck.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi I have had a look and I dont think we have enough points, so that is not good news is it??? So could we still try for a visa anyway???
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I have had a look and I dont think we have enough points, so that is not good news is it??? So could we still try for a visa anyway???
Are you sure you don't? How many are you short?

The points are an essential part of the process so no point in applying if you don't have them (will only lose the application money if you're rejected), but do check it again and maybe see if you can make them up somehow.

Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:25 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Are you sure you don't? How many are you short?

The points are an essential part of the process so no point in applying if you don't have them (will only lose the application money if you're rejected), but do check it again and maybe see if you can make them up somehow.

e.g. by having 10 extra for arranged employment?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
e.g. by having 10 extra for arranged employment?
Exunctly! Or by brushing up on French, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.