Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi - New to site

Hi - New to site

Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future
Default Hi - New to site

Hello folks,

Just wanted to post a hello to everyone and introduce ourselves.

My husband and I live in Hampshire, England, and are looking at the possibility of moving to Nova Scotia. We have been researching the option for a while and during our internet travels have discovered this forum - I have found so many of the posts helpful and informative, so thank you for that!

We are hoping to go out to Nova Scotia in September for a combined anniversary celebration and a recce trip... so any advice would be warmly received.

Thanks for reading,
Lady Locket
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:29 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi - New to site

Originally Posted by Lady Locket
Hello folks,

My husband and I live in Hampshire, England, and are looking at the possibility of moving to Nova Scotia. We have been researching the option for a while and during our internet travels have discovered this forum - I have found so many of the posts helpful and informative, so thank you for that!

We are hoping to go out to Nova Scotia in September for a combined anniversary celebration and a recce trip... so any advice would be warmly received.

Thanks for reading,
Lady Locket
Welcome LL
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:32 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Hi - New to site

Welcome.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Welcome. You dont mention how you propose to come over and what your employment is or is intended to be?
Perhaps you might get more replies from people who are in a similar or have went the same route etc?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Hello folks,

Thanks for reading,
Lady Locket
Hi LL,
welcome to BE as you have noticed it is an excellent resource.

OH and I are off to vancouver hopefully in june. were awaiting out TWP's.

good luck with all your plans

K
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

Thanks for the welcomes...

We are still researching the best avenue for moving over, although at the moment it will stand on my hubby as a skilled worker and primary immigrant. My hubby is a Radiographer and, aside from a Canadian exam to verify knowledge, his degree and training stands him in good stead for taking on a role as a Radiological Technologist in any hospital with a diagnostic imaging department. I am primarily in retail management, currently working as a multiple site manager for Cancer Research UK, although I have run my own company in the past. I also work as a Holistic Health Practitioner, but I am not sure how my qualifications will stand in Nova Scotia or whether I will be forced to retrain.

We have already done a basic points check for immigration as a skilled worker, and we seem fine on that - but obviously that is no indication of actually getting work! A PNP seems interesting, but we would need to do more research on that. I have already found several hospitals that need to expand their diagnostic imaging staff, so hopefully we can do a bit of a recce with them when we come over and get an idea of differences in job requirements. My hubby wouldn't want to commit to a move without work, which is understandable, and since my career is more flexible it seems prudent to base our move around his ability. I can take whatever life throws at me, even if that is on a TWP and working for a company I have never worked with before!

Lady Locket
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:10 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Hi and welcome to BE!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:13 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE, your gonna love it here
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:13 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Welcome

Whereabouts are you? We are in Bransgore on Hants/Dorset border and move to NS for good in June. There is also another member of BE just down the road from me who is heading to NS soon

If I can help with any info , please shout, good luck with your plans
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:08 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the board Lady Locket - Beware, it's addictive!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi Welcome

Whereabouts are you? We are in Bransgore on Hants/Dorset border and move to NS for good in June. There is also another member of BE just down the road from me who is heading to NS soon

If I can help with any info , please shout, good luck with your plans
Hey,
We are based in between Southampton and Winchester, so not too far away. I would love to keep in contact and hear all about your journey - if thats ok with you?

How easy have you found the process of immigration? I am so bewildered by the various options and the timescale variations. Not that we are in a particular hurry... but once the idea is planted...

Keep in touch,
Lady Locket
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:24 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
We are based in between Southampton and Winchester, so not too far away. I would love to keep in contact and hear all about your journey - if thats ok with you?

How easy have you found the process of immigration? I am so bewildered by the various options and the timescale variations. Not that we are in a particular hurry... but once the idea is planted...

Keep in touch,
Lady Locket
Hi, have sent you a pm
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site

We left Portsmouth last march and next week will be our 1 year anniversary and must say we love it here

Time frame I would say would depend on route
Old Mar 26th 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

Hi,

We moved form Southampton to Hubbards, NS back in October 2007.
If there is anything I can help with feel free to pm.

All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.