Hi Need help

Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

asaf187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi Need help

Hello,

I need help finding a decent agency to look for work as a Network Engineer / Network Consultant.

I have over 10 years exp in this field working with most vendors i.e Cisco/Nortel/Juniper/Nokia Firewall's Checkpoint, Cisco Asa's

I have tried a few but get no feedback at all.

It would be good to also find out where all the IT Jobs are in Canada.

Any help would be much welcomed.

Max
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Need help

Hi Max and welcome.

Unfortunately, you're going about things the wrong way. Job hunting in Canada is very different to how it is in the UK and applying for stuff via the web will usually get you nowhere. Canadians like personal contact so your best bet is to get out there on a reccie - most people seem to come home with a job offer or two when they do that. Failing that, you need to pick up the phone. Agencies will likely be little or no help.

Have a read of this for full info.........................http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...Hunting-Canada

Make sure your resume is done as suggested on here (if it's in CV format or even on the wrong size paper it'll just be chucked in the bin) and then read the rest of the articles too and you should understand a bit better.

Good luck.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:29 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Need help

Good advice from christmasoompa.....I would add that you, as the applicant, often have to do all the running. Canadian employers expect you to phone them - at different stages - to see

firstly if they got your CV,
secondly if you're a suitable applicant,
thirdly if there's anything they don't like.

If you get an interview they then expect you to send a letter of "thanks for your time blah blah", then to keep following up until a decision is made!

Sorry if this sounds OTT or slightly cynical..but that's the way OH and I found it in Ontario. Very different system from that used in the UK