Hi I'm New!

Old May 3rd 2006, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

ralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hi I'm New!

I think I worked it out so heres a few more while I'm on a roll!
Attached Thumbnails Hi I'm New!-4es-szzd11wko4s58izxb21snmxdgfck0300.jpg   Hi I'm New!-4-qkrvme-oofgglocss0aevst-9v36u0300.jpg   Hi I'm New!-c23siyi7hajxkssj-bb8iugsvucjgws60300.jpg   Hi I'm New!-zyd8qhbcqgtnuaobclz6ohak3tftlwxl0300.jpg  
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ralstne
[IMG]mountains[/IMG]
Sorry, trying to figure out how to attach some pics. Hopefully they'll be attached this time......
Wow...that last pic looks mighty blustery! When did you go there? Summer you say? But look at that desolate road.....bliss
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2D2
Yes been to Athabasca Falls and Sunwapta. And Yes, the amazingly beautiful Peyto.
On the September trip we also went over the border into BC and visited Emerald Lake, Takkakaw Falls and Natural Bridge. All stunning

Heading over to Revelstoke in BC this summer and exploring all around there.

Can't wait.
Revelstoke is lovely too....we stayed there last April when we came out to give BC a try. I think anywhere you go in the rockies has beauty. I love looking out for the wildlife too. We were very fortunate enough last September to see two young grizzlies eating grass near Castle Mountain (on 1A).....of all the cars that were parked up there, they didn't have a care in the world! But I wasn't that daft like some people to get out of the cars to take pictures!!
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thought I'd include some of my own shots...
Attached Thumbnails Hi I'm New!-athabasca-falls-frozen-falls.jpg   Hi I'm New!-saskatchewan-river-crossing-jan-georgia.jpg  
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

ralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant future

Great pics Jaycee! Anymore from anyone? I guess I'm just nosey but I really like seeing everyones photos. Here's a photo of our house in Beaumont. Not quite finished yet but not far off now!The sidings going on this week apparently so I can't wait for the sales lady to send us another batch of photos....
Attached Thumbnails Hi I'm New!-xyzc8kasnk2j2ownm2ydylgtgqd1hpw40279.jpg  
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:09 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by alberta_jaycee
There's nothing quite like getting your teeth into a good challenge!! Usually I'm one for giving up on things and walking away but after experiencing Canadian life for 17 months and then having the hard reality of life back in Manchester, I had to fight like mad to get back here. We had a fair bit of money (made from the sale of our house in Hyde) when we first came out here and we splashed out on anything that took our fancy but now, through our mistakes and escapades, we had just enough to set us up with the bare essentials. The kids had to sleep on air beds for weeks until we could afford their beds!! But it definitely makes you stronger and I've since told my husband that if he ever thinks it's the right move to go back to the UK in the future then he goes on his own! I'm not even in any rush to go back to visit family......if they want to see me now, it's on my turf!!

You don't mention any children....it's just the three of you (you, mrs & dog)? Did you feel you got a friendly welcome from your future employers and other officers you met when you came out for those 3 weeks? What did you think of Edmonton when you came out? How did you find the drivers in the city? In our personal view, we have been up to Edmonton a few times but are always happy to be back in Red Deer (regarded as a redneck town to the big city dwellers!!!). You pass by us on your way to Edmonton.....you should call by sometime later on in the year!
Hey jaycee

have you thought about writing an article on here or for outbound publishing (canadian emigration mag), your story is a great read (although i am sure that it was not pleasant to live). I think your story is a great show of strength and fortitude in working through things and you have my admiration. Your story is a good show of both good and bad points of living in canada, which i think alot of would be immigrants need to hear.

Regards

steve
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ralstne....what can I say about your house except...ya jammy bugger!! lol lol Best of luck to you, it looks a beauty. I'm quite the envious one and no, i'm not going to send you pics of my current abode....i'll wait a couple of years when we're back into our "single detached family home"

Steve....thank you for those words. Yes there are times I feel we've conquered Everest and I'm on the top of the world - especially when I think back to this time last year when I was in the depths of depression having nowhere to live except at my parents house, having day to day constant mither from them. If my story can help even one family going through what we were going through, think again about going back to the UK because they feel it's not working for them, then that would be great. It's very easy to forget so quickly all those reasons why you couldn't wait to get out of the UK and believe me, it sure whacked a punch when I saw the prospect of a council house on a run down council estate. But there again, there are plenty of people who return to the UK still with plenty of money, enough to buy another house again and live happy lives again. If anyone is that homesick and wants to give it all up, just go back there for a week or two and see if you are relieved to get back on that plane to Canada....you'll know what I mean
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steved61
have you thought about writing an article on here or for outbound publishing
I don't think my hubby would like our story going out that widely because he blames himself for what happened and is a bit embarrassed
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:39 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Great pics Jaycee! Anymore from anyone? I guess I'm just nosey but I really like seeing everyones photos. Here's a photo of our house in Beaumont. Not quite finished yet but not far off now!The sidings going on this week apparently so I can't wait for the sales lady to send us another batch of photos....
Lovely home....................won't be long until you are there and doing the lovely stuff like furnishings and curtains etc.

Some more pics from our ever increasing archives.
Attached Thumbnails Hi I'm New!-christmas-canada-2005-052.jpg   Hi I'm New!-banff-weekend-sept-05-017.jpg   Hi I'm New!-banff-weekend-sept-05-025.jpg   Hi I'm New!-banff-weekend-sept-05-048.jpg  
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:45 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

If anyone is that homesick and wants to give it all up, just go back there for a week or two and see if you are relieved to get back on that plane to Canada....you'll know what I mean
Also, we felt we couldn't go back for a visit to the UK until Canada feels like 'home'.
I thought that if we went back before that happened, you are in danger of slipping back into that comfort zone of familiarity and the settling period may start all over again.
We don't plan to go back for a visit until next year at the earliest.................everyone can come and see us here instead.
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anymore from anyone? ...
I can only add one at a time because they're too big and I don't know how to reduce them....Anyway, a nice view of the town of Jasper
Attached Thumbnails Hi I'm New!-jasper.jpg  
Old May 3rd 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by R2D2
Also, we felt we couldn't go back for a visit to the UK until Canada feels like 'home'.
I thought that if we went back before that happened, you are in danger of slipping back into that comfort zone of familiarity and the settling period may start all over again.
We don't plan to go back for a visit until next year at the earliest.................everyone can come and see us here instead.
My sentiments exactly....besides our families would rather see us over here anyway and see for themselves, where we live as well as enjoy a great holiday.
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:32 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

My sentiments exactly....besides our families would rather see us over here anyway and see for themselves, where we live as well as enjoy a great holiday.
Not only that setting up a new home is expensive save those pennies for important things

steve

Ps just because i put a beer drinking smilie on the end of that comment does not mean that i think beer is important, which it is, but that is beside the point lol
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by steved61
Ps just because i put a beer drinking smilie on the end of that comment does not mean that i think beer is important, which it is, but that is beside the point lol
I drink to that!! lol Sleemans Honey....divine!
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi We can't decide whether to emigrate to Vancouver (Maple Ridge area) or Alberta around where you are. Whats it like living in Red Deer and how do you cope with extreme cold compared to Uk winters? Whats cost of living like and commute into Calgary? Any info appreciated and really interesting to us. We have only just submitted our application though (Jan 2006) and been told 39 months waiting time. So we are filling our time with research.

Hi everybody on the Canada forum!

Living in the great city of Red Deer, in amazing Alberta! Been here (off and on) since July 2003. Had a very "packed and exciting" past 3 years but since we arrived back to Red Deer again last August, are finally settled!!

Love to hear from anyone interested in my immigration experience, life in Alberta and our disastrous returns to the UK!! LOL

Jaycee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.